Doepfer A-199 Spring Reverb
Reverb Module for Eurorack
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Give your modular patches some ambience with the Doepfer A-199 spring reverb module!
- Spring reverb effect module for Eurorack
- 3-spring system for dense reverberation sounds
- Inputs: Audio In, ext. Feedback In (switched socket)
- Outputs: Reverb Out (pure reverb signal), Mix Out
- Controls: Level (input level), Feedback, Emphasis, Mix
- Width: 8HP
- Current draw: 80 mA
The Doepfer A-199 is a spring reverb module. The reverb effect is electronically simulated by means of 3 spiral springs.
Spring reverb systems have a very characteristic sound that is based on the (insufficient) mechanical properties of the springs like signal delays, audio resonances, limited frequency range, acoustic feedback behaviour, sensitivity to mechanical shocks and others.
The 3-spring system used in the A-199 ensures a "dense" reverb because of the different properties of the three springs.
The reverb signal can be fed back to the input using the Feedback control. Even self-oscillation of the springs similiar to the self-oscillation of filters is available. The feedback loop can lead even via external modules like VCA, VCF, phaser, frequency shifter, vocoder, distortion/waveshaper, ring modulator and others. In this case the reverb output of the A-199 is connected to the input of the external module(s) and the output of the external module(s) is fed back to the Ext.Feedback In socket of the A-199. This socket contains a switch that interrupts the internal feedback loop as soon as a plug is inserted.
Another feature is the Emphasis control. This enables the adjustment of the accentuation of middle frequencies (around ~ 2kHz).
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Doepfer A-199 Spring Reverb" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Use 10HP of your modular system in style with the versatile Dreadbox Reflector module from their White Line
- Effects module for Eurorack
- Part of the Dreadbox Abyss synthesiser
- 1024-stage BBD based Chorus / Flanger / Echo circuit
- Requires external LFO for Flanger and Chorus sounds
- Width: 10 HP
- Current draw: 22mA (at +12V) / 15mA (at -12V)
Put some swirl and shimmer in your patches with the Dreadbox White Line Phaser module
- Analogue phaser module for Eurorack
- Puts the phase shifting circuit from the Dreadbox Abyss synth in your modular
- 2 wave LFO
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: 15 mA (at +12V) / 12 mA (at -12V)
Get some echo in your patches for less with the Dreadbox White Line Echo module!
- Delay module for Eurorack
- Uses the delay circuit from the Erebus synth
- Delay times: 30ms – 800ms (400-800ms lo-fi)
- Accepts inputs up to 10Vpp
- Width: 8 HP
- Currrent draw: 25 mA (at +12V) / 10 mA (at -12V)
Give your sounds a bit of hair with the Dreadbox White Line Drive module!
- Overdrive module for Eurorack
- The drive circuit of the Dreadbox Abyss synthesiser
- Full range distortion drive
- Width: 4 HP
- Current draw: 5.5mA (at +12V) / 5mA (at -12V)
With phase shifting and delay on board, the Roland 572 is the module to use for adding some depth and some swirl to your patch
- Effects module for Eurorack systems
- Adds depth, motion and space to your patch with phase shifting and delay
- Plenty of CV controllability for flexible integration and patch design
- Simple onboard LFO with normal and inverted output jacks
The Make Noise Echophon is an incredibly unique effects module offering pitch shifting echo with time modulation
- Shift Pitch of signal +/- 2 Octaves
- Exponential control of delay time -Maximum Time 1.7 Seconds, Minimum Time 7 ms
- Tempo input allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock
- Two independent internal digital Feedback paths (Loop 1 and Loop 2)
- External Analog Feedback Path for filtered or processed echoes
- FREEZE button/ gate input allows for hold, stutter and sampling techniques
- 24 bit ADC/DAC, 32bit processing, 16bit delay storage operating at 40khz
- Vactrol based Mix circuit for smooth blending of dry and wet signals
- All Analog Dry Signal Path
- Voltage Control over ALL parameters
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 30mm
£113.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.