API 500-6B Lunchbox
500 Series Rack Chassis
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
From the inventors of the lunchbox, comes the lunchbox. The original API 500-6B lunchbox rack for your 500-series modules
- 6-slot lunchbox with built-in Power Supply
- Holds 6 standard 500-series modules
- Rack ears available for rack mounting
- 215mA per slot
- DB-25 connectors for easy input and output connection
- XLRs to access channels 7 and 8 of the multipins
- Power rail LED indication
- Self-Powered, 100 to 250 Volts switchable, 47 to 63 Hz
The API 500-6B lunchbox is a 6-slot rack designed to accept all standard 5.25" X 1.5" modules. This quality allows an engineer the flexibility to bring along specialised EQ, dynamics or other 500-series gears to any recording or mixing scenario.
The lunchbox is self-powered with a rear panel selected AC voltage switch and a removable power cord. The input/output jacks are XLR. The lunchbox comes standard with a +48 volt internal phantom power supply, bussed to pin 15 for interface with the API 512c Mic Preamplifier.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "API 500-6B Lunchbox" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Turn your pristine audio into something straight from the arcade: put a Meris Ottobit in your lunchbox!
- Sample rate reducer and bitcrusher 500 series module
- Pitch Track Enabled Ring Modulator
- Tap Tempo controlled Triggered Envelopes & LFO Modifiers
- Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes
- Blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Premium analogue signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
With the same circuit topology and components as the original design, the Focusrite Red 1 500-series preamp sounds just as impressive
- 500-series Microphone Preamp Module
- Same circuit topology and components as the original red
- Custom Carnhill output transformer
- Traditional wide bandwidth of the original Red series
- The Red 1 500 is suitable for almost any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser
Millennia Media's authentically transparent microphone and instrument preamp for the 500-series format.
- Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 200 kHz
- Max gain: 60 dB (70 dB in Ribbon Mode)
- THD: < .003%, Typical < .001%
- Noise: -130 dB EIN
- Impedance: 2210 ohms in, 24.3 Ohms (x2) out
- Max output: 1 kHz @ 35dB of gain
- THD: < 0.001% at +26dBu output
- Designed for 500-series lunchbox and rack chassis
Put the sound and control of their acclaimed BC1-S in your 500 series rack with the TK Audio BC501 stereo compressor
- 500 series stereo buss compressor
- Ratio 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HPF 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (6dB/oct)
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to wet in 21 steps
- Threshold and Make-up in 41 steps
- Detented controls for easy recall
Short of space but would like to have a 500 series based channel strip? Then you need the Radial PowerStrip 500 Series 3-Slot Power Rack!
- Single RU power rack houses three 500 series modules
- Designed to create the ultimate input strip
- Compatible with Radial and older API systems
- Provides up to 500 mA of shared current
The ALM Busy Circuits PE-1 is a simple dual band parametric EQ and two channel mixer rolled into one compact 500 series module.
- Provides +/-12db of boost and cut across 2 selected frequency bands
- Dual input with single attenuation control
- Reverse polarity protection
- Skiff friendly
- Designed and Made in the UK
£659.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.