Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
With its Moog-style filter the Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089 analogue synth can be squelchy, bouncy and more!
- Analogue synth module
- 2 oscillators
- 2 envelopes
- Extensive modulation possibilities
- Overdrive switch adds warmth and edge
- Patchable, discrete, through-hole, hand-matched transistor design
- Rugged construction
- Moog-style filter
The Studio Electronics Boomstar SE80 takes you back to the raw power and purity of non-programmable discrete analogue, where they started in 1985.
The snap and punch of hardware envelopes drive the BOOMSTAR's brilliant voltage controlled circuits with unparalleled sonic integrity and versatility. BOOMSTAR is the ultimate desktop analog synthesizer for those who remember and desire still, the electronic analogue sound that changed the world, and for seekers who have yet to discover that magic and delight... in their time.
Driven by rapid fire hardware envelope snap, and near Modular sound flexibility (at the flip of any of its 20 toggle switches), the Studio Electronics BOOMSTAR desktop synth is a performer and sound designer's waking dream. The Boomstar foundation: two Oscillators—stackable waveforms with Sub OSC, two Envelopes—invertible, loopable, with 'drone' and 'master' mode, is accented expressively by hardware XMod and exponential glide, extensive modulation routing, and a flexible software LFO: jacked for heavy lifting and fine-tuned experimentation—even go "off synth" with the external input and color exotic oscillations.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The evolution of the Analog Four, the Elektron Analog Keys gives you all the sound, but adds a keyboard and separate outputs for each voice
- Four-voice analogue synthesiser and sequencer
- 37 semi-weighted keys
- Individual outputs for each voice plus master stereo output
- Fully analogue signal path
- 2× analogue oscillators per synth voice
- 2× sub-oscillators per synth voice
- 1× 4-pole analogue lowpass ladder filter per synth voice
- 4x synth, 1x CV and 1x FX track on the sequencer
Elektron's successor to the analogue synthesiser Analog Four, the Analog Four MKII is improved in many areas and offers several new features and upgrades.
- 4 synth voices
- Reworked analogue circuitry delivering very deep and defined bass
- Enhanced analogue overdrive for more bite and growl
- Up to 4 notes of polyphony, Up to 4 part multitimbrality, Up to 4 note unison playback
- Chorus, Delay and Reverb send FX
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN Sync out
- Precise hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons
- Fully compatible with Analog Four MKI projects/data
Combining the flexibility of digital with the sound of analogue, the Novation Peak polyphonic hybrid synth module is at the synthesis summit
- Polyphonic hybrid analogue and digital synthesiser module
- 8 voices give you the room for complex and evolving patches and sequences
- 3 oscillators per voice offer a choice of sine, sawtooth, triangle or pulse waveforms, as well as 17 wavetables
- Analogue resonant multimode filter per voice
- Add distortion at three points in the analogue signal chain to give your sounds all the bite and crunch you want
- 2x LFOs and 3x ADSR envelopes per voice; 16 slot modulation matrix
- Reverb, chorus and delay on board to turn your patch into the finished sound you want
- USB, MIDI and CV input connectivity; headphones and L(mono)/R audio outputs
- Store unlimited patches on your Mac or PC using the Components software
An incredibly powerful analogue monosynth, the Motas Electronics Motas-6 offers a hugely flexible set of features and architecture
- Analogue monosynth
- 3 VCOs (mixable triangle, sawtooth, PWM/square waves, sub-oscillator, analogue phase modulation); Noise source (white/pink)
- External audio input
- 3 VCFs (2 LPF with resonance, 1 HPF)
- Flexible filter routing options
- Lots of very high-resolution digital modulation sources (LFOs, EGs, MIDI controller, CV/gate input
- Analogue clipping distortion options
- Oscilloscope and Spectrum-Analyser
- MIDI/USB control and 4 CV/gate inputs
- Arpeggiator and Pattern generator and sequencer
With the Moog Sub 37, Moog have taken the Sub Phatty to the next level with added front panel controls and more keys!
- 37-key analogue synthesiser
- 100% analogue signal path
- Perform in monophonic or duo-paraphonic modes
- 2 modulation busses with assignable source and destinations
- DAHDSR (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release) looping envelopes with sync
- 256 Presets -16 banks of 16 patches
- Standalone and DAW Plugin editor included
- Syncable arpeggiator and step sequencer
- Classic Moog Ladder Filter with resonance, MultiDrive, and selectable filter slopes
A sleek, high performance mix of analogue tone and digital tweakability, the Roland JDXA might well be your perfect synth!
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analogue and digital sound engines
- 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analogue Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analogue filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- Backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine
- Digital parts can be routed through the analogue filter section for warm, organic results
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer
£989.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.