Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Sontronics Mercury is a stunning new valve microphone from the company that puts sound and quality first.
- Multi-pattern valve condenser microphone
- Continuously variable polar pattern from omni to figure-of-eight and everything in between
- Hand-built in the UK
- Beta-tested with the Abbey Road Studios engineers, plus top producers and musicians including Gary Barlow and Paul Epworth
- Employs top-grade deluxe-quality components
- Hand-selected ECC87/12AT7 valve
- 0db / 10dB attenuation pad and linear / 75Hz filter controls on the power supply unit
- Has a classic vintage valve sound with unbelievably low self noise and incredibly fidelity
- Covered by Sontronics Lifetime Warranty
The Sontronics Mercury is a stunning valve microphone from Sontronics.
I'll let Sontronics' Trevor sum it up for you: “Our beautiful new Mercury represents a three-year journey in the pursuit of microphone excellence. Using the highest grade components and working with top artists, producers and musicians including the engineers at Abbey Road Studios, we believe that Mercury represents Sontronics’ greatest achievement so far!”
Having heard several of their other mics, I'm inclined to believe him...
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Sontronics Mercury" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Looking for a great-sounding and versatile cardioid valve mic at a great price? The Telefunken CU29 Copperhead is it!
- Valve condenser microphone
- Capsule: Single Sided Gold Sputtered Membrane
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1v/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200 Ohms stock
- SPL: 138 dB
- Non Linear Distortion: Less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: Telefunken new old stock EF-95
- Extras: Modern Power Supply, Shock Mount, Wooden Box, 7-pin Microphone Cable
Multi-pattern variant of the highly acclaimed MA200 designed by David Royer.
- Pattern: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-8
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-micron thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB, bass cut: 6 dB per octave below 100Hz
- Transducer: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- Tubes: Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum
- Includes carry case, shockmount and PSU
The Avantone BV1 sounds as good as it looks! It is a vocal condenser tube microphone that is not only flexible but musical-sounding!
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs.
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic. It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic.
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly.
- -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
The Avantone BV-12 is a valve microphone that sounds as good as it looks. It is incredibly versatile whilst giving the classic valve warmth
- Omni, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus 6 in-between settings
- Microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass
- Vintage-style baked-on Buttercream finish
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs.
- Solid professional feel, superb structural integrity, and rugged reliability
- Mil-grade switches for 10dB pad and 80Hz rolloff
- Custom Retro shockmount
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Handcrafted wood side, tweed travel case
Could the Telefunken ELA M260 be the best valve small-diaphragm microphone in the world? Quite possibly. Yes.
- Valve condenser microphone
- Capsule M260, M261, M262 Gold sputtered 3-micron
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, omni, hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 16.5 mV/pa +/- 1 dB
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Non Linear Distortion: (for 1% THD @ 1KHz) 120dB
- Equivalent Noise: 11dBA
- Tube Type: Telefunken EF-732
- Supplied Accessories: Power supply, TK60 cardioid capsule, TK61 omni capsule, TK61 hypercardioid capsule, capsule case, wooden mic box, shock mount, Accusound dual-shielded right-angle cable, windscreen, cardboard case
Give your vocal and instrument recordings some warmth and body with the David Royer designed MA200!
- Pattern: cardioid
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-microns thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Tubes: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Transducer: externally excited capacitor type
- Includes case, shockmount and PSU
£1349.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Store Availability
Out of Stock
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.