Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Sontronics Mercury is a stunning valve microphone from the company that puts sound and quality first.
- Multi-pattern valve condenser microphone
- Continuously variable polar pattern from omni to figure-of-eight and everything in between
- Hand-built in the UK
- Beta-tested with the Abbey Road Studios engineers, plus top producers and musicians including Gary Barlow and Paul Epworth
- Employs top-grade deluxe-quality components
- Hand-selected ECC87/12AT7 valve
- 0db / 10dB attenuation pad and linear / 75Hz filter controls on the power supply unit
- Has a classic vintage valve sound with unbelievably low self noise and incredibly fidelity
- Covered by Sontronics Lifetime Warranty
The Sontronics Mercury sets the standard in this price range for valve microphones.
The Mercury has been developed in conjunction with top producers, studios and artists and the results speak for themselves. From the outset the Mercury won awards from highly recognised industry magazines and rave reviews are still received today.
The reason for the reviews is simple. Only high quality components; rarely found in microphones, particularly in this price range; are used in the Mercury. The resulting mic provides all imaginable polar patterns, a pad and low-cut filter. The Mercury power supply has medical-grade interference filtering which, combined with the incredibly low self-noise, makes this microphone suitable for many different applications.
Made and designed entirely in the UK, the Sontronics Mercury brings quality found in the highest quality microphones into a more accessible price range.
Multi-pattern variant of the highly acclaimed MA200 designed by David Royer.
- Pattern: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-8
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-micron thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB, bass cut: 6 dB per octave below 100Hz
- Transducer: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- Tubes: Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum
- Includes carry case, shockmount and PSU
The Avantone BV1 sounds as good as it looks! It is a vocal condenser tube microphone that is not only flexible but musical-sounding!
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs.
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic. It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic.
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly.
- -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
The Avantone BV-12 is a valve microphone that sounds as good as it looks. It is incredibly versatile whilst giving the classic valve warmth
- Omni, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus 6 in-between settings
- Microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass
- Vintage-style baked-on Buttercream finish
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs.
- Solid professional feel, superb structural integrity, and rugged reliability
- Mil-grade switches for 10dB pad and 80Hz rolloff
- Custom Retro shockmount
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Handcrafted wood side, tweed travel case
Give your vocal and instrument recordings some warmth and body with the David Royer designed MA200!
- Pattern: cardioid
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-microns thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Tubes: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Transducer: externally excited capacitor type
- Includes case, shockmount and PSU
An incredible example of the valve mic maker's art, the Sontronics Aria was beta-tested by Abbey Road studios and PJ Harvey!
- Valve cardioid condenser microphone
- Perfect for vocals, piano, acoustic guitar and cello
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa
- 10 dB Pad
- 75 Hz high-pass filter
- Impedance: <200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1000 Hz): 125 dB
The classic sounds of one of recording history's most famous mics is back - take a look at the Warm Audio WA-47 tube condenser microphone
- Valve condenser microphone
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style)
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns - Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA; Dynamic range: 130dBA; Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 82dBA
- Includes: Microphone, Wood box, PSU, Shockmount, Gotham 7 pin GAC-7 cable, IEC power cord
£1349.00 inc VAT
Pre-order (more info)
- Store Availability
Out of Stock
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.