Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A sleek, high performance mix of analogue tone and digital tweakability, the Roland JDXA might well be your perfect synth!
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analogue and digital sound engines
- 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analogue Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analogue filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- Backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine
- Digital parts can be routed through the analogue filter section for warm, organic results
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer
The Roland JD-XA Analogue/Digital Synthesizer brings together the warmth of an analogue synth with the versatility of a digital in one non-compromise, super-creative instrument. Both the analogue and digital parts can be used side by side, stacked up for a devastating sonic destruction or the analogue filters can be used to shape the digital waveforms to create sounds never heard before.
The JD-XA features a four part analogue monster that each have two oscillators, along with filter and amp sections and four envelopes. These envelopes all have incredibly fast attack and response times. Two LFO's are also included that have a very smooth coverage from super slow to ultra fast. You can create your sound completely from scratch, or set the JD-XA up as an eight-oscillator, pure analogue version of the legendary Supersaw waveform. Or you can use the power of PolyStack mode which makes for warm, organic four-note chords that will blow you away. Once you have the sound you want to achieve, you can send it straight to the dry analogue output or route it to the onboard digital effects for further modification.
This separate four-part, 64-voice digital sound engine allows you to play some of the most expressive and natural sounds available anywhere. Blending this with the analogue synth gives you a brand new approach to synthesis. For example, you can route digital sound's through the analogue filters, or use them as modulation sources for the Cross Mod and Ring Mod functions in the analogue section.
The JD-XA's filters are 100% analogue which gives you warm, smooth sounds that have a very natural response. A classic 4-pole transistor ladder hat has strong characteristics, and a multi-mode filter option for the essential LPF, HPF, and BPF duties. The resonance of the multi-mode filter provides a uniquely aggressive sound character thanks to an all new circuit design. And because these filters are analogue, when you twist the knobs you get a smooth slope without any stepping or unwanted artefacts.
Both the analogue and digital sections are equipped with a versatile and powerful MFX processor. This offers 67 different effect types and high impact processing options like Bit Crusher. This system also covers all the essentials such as reverb, delay, and master EQ plus two TFX processors with 29 effect types each.
The JD-XA features a comprehensive 16-track pattern sequencer with 8 tracks for internal parts and 8 tracks for external sources, allowing you to build sequences and loops quickly and intuitively. There is also a real time recording mode letting you lay down parts in a familiar linear fashion, or step recording mode to create in the old-school pattern style.
All this power is nothing if you didn't have an easy way to control it all. With this, the interface of the JD-XA is built around using the full potential of its sound engines. The velocity-sensitive keyboard supports aftertouch, and with plenty of backlit sliders, knobs, and wheel controllers you can easily shape the sound. There's also a huge amount of routing options thanks to a flexible system that lets you route a single mod source to four destinations. The MIDI, USB, and CV/GATE connections allow you to control external modules or DAW plug-ins, this a synth that feels comfortable on stage or in the studio.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Roland JDXA" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Combining the flexibility of digital with the sound of analogue, the Novation Peak polyphonic hybrid synth module is at the synthesis summit
- Polyphonic hybrid analogue and digital synthesiser module
- 8 voices give you the room for complex and evolving patches and sequences
- 3 oscillators per voice offer a choice of sine, sawtooth, triangle or pulse waveforms, as well as 17 wavetables
- Analogue resonant multimode filter per voice
- Add distortion at three points in the analogue signal chain to give your sounds all the bite and crunch you want
- 2x LFOs and 3x ADSR envelopes per voice; 16 slot modulation matrix
- Reverb, chorus and delay on board to turn your patch into the finished sound you want
- USB, MIDI and CV input connectivity; headphones and L(mono)/R audio outputs
- Store unlimited patches on your Mac or PC using the Components software
An incredibly powerful analogue monosynth, the Motas Electronics Motas-6 offers a hugely flexible set of features and architecture
- Analogue monosynth
- 3 VCOs (mixable triangle, sawtooth, PWM/square waves, sub-oscillator, analogue phase modulation); Noise source (white/pink)
- External audio input
- 3 VCFs (2 LPF with resonance, 1 HPF)
- Flexible filter routing options
- Lots of very high-resolution digital modulation sources (LFOs, EGs, MIDI controller, CV/gate input
- Analogue clipping distortion options
- Oscilloscope and Spectrum-Analyser
- MIDI/USB control and 4 CV/gate inputs
- Arpeggiator and Pattern generator and sequencer
Elektron's successor to the analogue synthesiser Analog Four, the Analog Four MKII is improved in many areas and offers several new features and upgrades.
- 4 synth voices
- Reworked analogue circuitry delivering very deep and defined bass
- Enhanced analogue overdrive for more bite and growl
- Up to 4 notes of polyphony, Up to 4 part multitimbrality, Up to 4 note unison playback
- Chorus, Delay and Reverb send FX
- 1 × USB 2.0 High Speed port
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports with DIN Sync out
- Precise hi-res encoders
- Durable back-lit buttons
- Fully compatible with Analog Four MKI projects/data
Following the Mini and Mono -logues, the polyphonic Korg Prologue 8-voice raises the bar for the modern analogue synthesiser
- Polyphonic analogue synthesiser
- 8-voice analogue synthesiser circuit
- 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO
- The newly developed multi engine is provided as VCO3, adding digital waveforms and FM
- There are four types of noise generator, indispensable for percussive sounds or sound effects
- The high-quality digital effects feature pristine 24-bit floating-point processing, and add a further polish to the sound of the prologue. With two effect units provided (a modulation effect and delay/reverb), you can choose from a wide variety such as chorus or ensemble, warm tape delay, or diverse reverbs. The user effect slots let you load effect programs of your own creation
- The Prologue is a two-timbre synthesiser that lets you play two different programs simultaneously
- The keyboard is a high-quality Japanese-made natural touch keyboard, providing the same superb touch and feel as on KORG’s high-end workstations, and allowing a high degree of expressive power
A desktop 4-voice analogue powerhouse, the Dreadbox Abyss analogue synth lets you create inspiring sounds without fuss
- 4 voice analogue synthesiser module
- All analogue discrete components
- 4 playing modes: Unison, Polyphony, Chords (+ user chords), Multi channel (multitimbral over selected controls)
- 1 VCO + 1 Sub Oscillator per Voice
- White Noise Generator
- Independent Wave shaping Modulator
- Polyphonic Glide function
- 4 independent LFOs (1 for each voice) to control Vibrato
- Variable Speed Depth and Delay
- Vibratos can be set out of phase via the Detune (Vibrato) control
- OTA Drive circuit, Hybrid Delay Circuit as found on the Erebus, 4-stage Analog Phase Shifter with 2 Analog LFOs with 4 waves each to control the Filter, Reflector, Delay, Phaser and CV Control over Filter, Phaser, Delay and Reflector
Four synthesisers in one, or one super powerful synth! The Vermona PERfourMER MKII with CV/Gate capabilities has a lot to get your teeth into.
- PERfourMER with CV/GATE add-on factory installed
- Four fully fledged monophonic synthesisers in one!
- Each synth channel features 5 waveforms, noise generator, ADSR, lowpass, LFO and PWM
- PWM via LFO or MIDI
- Lowpass filter features 24dB/octave curve and resonance
- LFO has choice of wave (saw,square, sine) and sample and hold
- ADSR can be applied to VCO (pitch), VCF or VCA
- Channels can be set up to interact in various ways
£1199.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- In-Store Availability
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 3 year warranty
This product comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.