Fender Mutang PJ Bass Torino Red
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
With J and P bass pickups, combined with a smaller body and shorter scale, the Fender Mustang PJ Bass is a great little instrument!
- Finish: Torino red
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, C shape
- Fingerboard: Pau ferro, 9.5" radius
- Frets: 19, medium jumbo
- Pickups: 1x vintage single-coil Jazz Bass, 1x split-coil
- Controls: 1x volume, 1x tone, pickup selector
- Bridge: 4-saddle standard
- Machineheads: Fender vintage-style
Since its original release in 1964, the Fender Mustang Bass has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance.
This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass and J Bass pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
Powered by a time-tested pair of pickups, the Fender Mustang Bass PJ is packed with flexible tone that can match any sonic requirement. A punchy split single-coil P Bass middle pickup is joined by a growling Jazz Bass neck pickup in an unbeatable pairing that combines the best of both sonic worlds. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch get you to all available sounds.
Not only is the 30” scale of the Mustang PJ bass more comfortable for smaller hands, it reduces string tension, creating a looser playing feel that lends itself to nimble playing styles while adding a fat, “blooming” quality to the lower notes and sweetening the higher notes. Topped by a 9.5”-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles. The Mustang PJ bass’ smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight.
In a nod to its roots, the Fender Mustang PJ bass includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle string-through-body bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome. A classic instrument, upgraded with features for the modern bassist, the short-scale Mustang Bass PJ is sure to please with its flexible sound, easy playing feel and slick style.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Fender Mutang PJ Bass Torino Red" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Cort B4 Plus Fretless Bass in Open Pore Natural finish is a perfect way to put a little fretless action into your bass arsenal.
- Colour: Open Pore Natural
- Body Type: Swamp Ash Bolt-On
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood fretless
- Neck Type: 5-Piece Rosewood/Wenge Bolt-On
- Pickups: 2x Bartolini MK-1 with Markbass MB-1 EQ
- Bridge: Cort black finish
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralight
By combining a vintage workhorse with modern design and premium components, Cort have made the GB74 JH in Trans Black a bass for any gig!
- Colour: Trans Black
- Body Type: Swamp ash solid body
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Neck Type: Canadian hard maple bolt-on
- No. of Frets: 20
- Pickups: 1x Voiced Tone humbucker, 1x Voiced Tone single coil
- Bridge: Omega high mass bridge
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralite
- Electronics: 2-band EQ
- Ergonomic neck joint
The Cort B4 Plus in Open Pore Natual finish is a no-nonsense modern bass for the (lefty) gigging musician.
With its lovely neck, easy to play feel and awesome sound, the Yamaha TRBX504 is simply a great bass!
- 3D designed, sculpted Mahogany Body
- 5-piece maple/mahogany neck
- 24-fret rosewood fingerboard
- 2x alnico H5 humbucker pickups
- Switchable active/passive tone circuit
- High-mass die-cast bridge
With high-class hardware as standard from Hipshot and Bartolini, the Cort A4 is a monster of a modern bass!
- Colour: Open Pore Black Cherry
- Body Type: Mahogany with Flame Maple top
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Neck Type: 5-piece Maple/Wenge neck-thru-body
- No. of Frets: 24
- Pickups: 2x Bartolini MK-1 with Bartolini active EQ
- Bridge: Hipshot Transtone
One to try for any bassist, the Ibanez SRH500 in Dragon Eye Burst takes a unique approach to achieving double bass tone in electric bass form.
- Semi-hollow bass with piezo pickup system
- Finish: Dragon Eye Burst
- Top: Spruce
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: 5 piece jotoba/bubinga bolt-on
- Fretboard: Bound rosewood
- Electronics: AeroSilk piezo system
- Controls: Volume, tone, individual string gain via trim pots on rear
£546.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- In-Store Availability
Out of Stock
Out of Stock
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 2 year warranty
This product comes with a 2 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.