Alesis M1 Active 520 USB
Nearfield Studio Monitors with USB Audio Interface
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
- Two-way, active, bi-amplified pair of reference studio-monitor loudspeakers
- Wide, 56 – 20,000 Hz frequency response
- 60W system with 30W per speaker
- Five-inch lightweight polypropylene woofer
- One-inch silk-dome tweeter
- Integrated USB audio interface with 16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz recording and playback
- Two balanced-1/4" inputs
- Stereo, 1/4" headphone output
- Magnetically shielded for placement near TV and computer monitors
- Low-resonance cabinet with tuned bass port
- Bi-color signal/clip indicator
- Switchable power supply ensures worldwide operation
M1Active 520 USB is a studio monitoring system designed for professional studio use with an internal digital-audio interface. M1Active 520 USB is a pair of active, bi-amplified, two-way reference monitors that play from 20,000 Hz all the way down to 56 Hz to cover nearly all frequencies audible to human ears. You can take USB digital signal out of your computer via USB and input it to M1Active 520 USB for low-noise, low-distortion performance. Priced attractively for any studio's budget, M1Active 520 USB perform with linearity, clarity, and neutrality typically reserved for monitors that cost much more.
* REFERENCE MONITORING*
We built M1Active 520USB around our popular five-inch polypropylene low-frequency driver for full, smooth response in the low end and our one-inch silk dome high-frequency driver for absolute clarity in the highs. Our custom crossover avoids the crucial vocal midrange, ensuring that your mixes sound the way you recorded them.
The low-resonance bass reflex cabinet features radiussed edges to reduce edge diffraction and a tuned port for bass extension. A bass boost switch offers low-frequency enhancement to further accommodate for room conditions requiring a little more output in the low end.
* PROFESSIONAL MONITORING OPTIONS*
When you reach for the convenient front panel volume control, you can be confident that the power you need will be there with M1Active 520 USB's bi-amplified design delivering 30W per speaker. Like the rest of the M1Active series, M1Active 520 USB are magnetically shielded, so there's never an issue of placement near computer screen, LCDs, or hard drives.
The front-panel stereo 1/4" headphone output mutes the loudspeakers when connected. When you connect headphones, the main volume control automatically switches to controlling the headphone output.
M1Active 520 USB feature a large, front-panel, bi-color indicator that indicates presence of signal in blue and clipping in red for instant feedback on system status.
* EXTENSIVE I/O*
Professional quality analog input jacks are located on the rear. Two balanced-1/4" inputs enable engineers to connect a stereo source or two mono sources. For convenient recordings, simply connect the stereo output of a mixer. You can create complete recordings with no additional audio interface!
The speakers are interconnected using a standard XLR cable for secure, professional connection. For worldwide operation, M1Active 520 USB features a voltage-switchable power supply.
* USB DIGITAL AUDIO INTERFACE*
In addition to their capabilities as traditional monitor loudspeakers, M1Active 520 USB monitors contain a USB audio interface. Connected audio sources such as mic preamps and instruments can be recorded directly into your computer at 16-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz. Simply plug the USB cable into your computer. No special drivers required. And when it's time to listen back to your mixes, that same USB cable sends 16-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz, stereo audio from computer to your M1Active 520 USBs. No more complicated interfaces and messy cable tangles.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Alesis M1 Active 520 USB" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Fostex 6301NB is a compact active monitor for professional project, mobile & home studios. The NB version comes with a jack input only
- Compact aluminum design
- 4" full-range driver
- 25W Class-D amplifier for powerful performance
- 1/4" input connector
- Front-panel rotary volume control
- Protection circuitry keeps the speaker operating smoothly
- Magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors
- Multi-voltage power supply
- Auto Standby Mode engages after 25 minutes, power consumption reduced to 0.5W
- Optional bracket available separately for mounting
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized voice coil and rear chamber
- 5-inch, Kevlar, long-excursion, low-frequency driver with high-damping rubber surround
- Acoustic Space controls optimize frequency response for your production space
- Bi-amplified, class A/B amplifier with external heat sink, recessed mounting and 14-gauge wiring to transducers: 50 watts RMS for lows, 40 watts RMS for highs
- Contoured front baffle with integral OptImage IV waveguide
- Balanced combo input (XLR and 1/4” TRS); RCA unbalanced input
- Power and volume controls
- Ultra-solid, 1-inch front and rear MDF baffles and .75-inch MDF wrap with optimized internal bracing
- Flared rear-firing port for lower turbulence
- Elegant lacquer paint with soft-touch painted faceplate
- Recessed amplifier mounting
- Extensive protection—RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter and external mains fuse
A compact active monitor that offers the sound you'd expect from their reputation, the Genelec 8010 is the answer for small spaces!
- Active studio monitor
- Maximum SPL: 96 dB
- Frequency response: 74 Hz - 20 kHz (-2.5 dB)
- Dimensions: 195 mm (H) x 121 (W) x 116 mm (D) with Iso-Pod
- Analogue inputs on XLR
In its latest incarnation, the KRK Rokit RP8 G3 active studio monitors offer serious performance at an incredible pricepoint!
- Brand new bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- New proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- New 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- New high-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- New low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- New front firing port — low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- New radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- New low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colourisation
- New Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, 1/4”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
Put the acclaimed Adam AX series in your monitoring chain and hear all the detail you need for a great mix with the Adam A3X!
- Active studio monitor
- 4.5" driver and X-ART ribbon tweeter
- Input connectors: XLR and RCA
- Frequency response: 60 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD (90dB/1m > 100 Hz): ≤0.8 %
- Long-term output: ≥98 dB
- Max. peak: ≥106 dB
- Weight: 10.1 lb (4.6 kg)
With the Focal Alpha 50 monitors, you can put the incredible sound for which they're known in your studio at a very project-friendly price!
- Active studio monitor
- Low directivity: keeps the same sound throughout the room
- Damping and rigidity: neutrality, no distortion
- Tonal balance is identical at low and high volumes
- Connect up to 2 audio sources
- Frequency response: 45Hz - 22kHz (+/- 3dB).
£209.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.