Doepfer A-156 Dual Quantizer
Eurorack Utility Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Get those continuous voltage changes turned into steps with the Doepfer A-156 Dual Quantizer module for Eurorack systems!
- Quantiser module for Eurorack
- Turns a continuous voltage change into a stepped one
- Two onboard quantizer modules
- Quantizer module 2 offers more sophisticated scale-based quantization modes
- Width: 8HP
- Current draw: 50 mA
The Doepfer A-156 is a Dual Control Voltage Quantizer.
A quantizer converts a continuous control voltage in the range 0...+10V into a stepped output voltage in the same voltage range (i.e. only certain voltages occur).
Normally 1/12 V steps are used to obtain semitone steps. Quantizer 2 of the Doepfer A-156 allows has more sophisticated quantizing modes like major scale (i.e. only voltages corresponding to the major scale), minor scale, major chord, minor chord, fundamental+fifth and addition of seventh or sixth when chords are selected.
Only those voltages appear at the CV output which comply with the selection rule (e.g. minor chord with seventh). The mode setting of quantizer 2 is done with 3 switches (1-0-1 type with middle position).
From the factory quantizer 1 is working in the semitone mode. But there is a jumper on the pc board that can be changed so that even quantizer 1 uses the same scale as quantizer 2.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Doepfer A-156 Dual Quantizer" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Make Noise Brains is an expansion module which allows their Pressure Points module to behave like a 'normal' step sequencer
- Voltage Control over Direction, RUN/ Stop and ReSeT
- Pressure Points provides data input to BRAINS in the form of touch selectable ReSeT and Hold stages and patchable ReSeT Pulses per stage
- Pressure Points provides the tuned voltages per stage
- The Touch-GATE OUT produces a Gate HIGH signal whenever a Pressure Points is touched
- Maximum number of Pressure Points that may be connected to a BRAINS is two
- Ships with all cables needed for expansion of one or two Pressure Points
- Pairs only with Make Noise Pressure Points modules
- Width: 4hp
- Max Depth: 36mm
The Expert Sleepers FHX1 allows you to add another eight CV outputs to your FH1 'faderHost' USB MIDI host.
- Expansion for the Expert Sleepers FH1
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 43mm
The Steady State Fate GND CTRL is a unique and compact utility Eurorack module. It has a number of features incl attenuator, inverter & more
- Ultra Compact Utility
- Unique Preset Gain System
- Standard Utility Functions
- High Contrast Display VU Meter
- Perfect for Small and Large Systems
The XAOC Samara Waveform Processor is designed to be exactly the tool you need to create unique patches!
- Multi-purpose eurorack tool
- Four attenuation channels
- Two offset channels
- Four inverters
- One four-channel mixer
- Two double-channel mixers
- Mixing of up to eight signals when using inverted inputs
- Minimum/maximum selection circuit
- Basic waveshaping
- Current draw: +25mA/-20mA
The Xaoc Warna Voltage Distributor is a handy hub for splitting, summing and inverting signals!
- 2 independent 1:4 buffered multiples
- 2 voltage inverters
- Summing 4:1 mixer section, normalled to multiples
- Unity gain circuit
- 6 hp wide
- +12/-12V powered
- Skiff friendly (25 mm)
- Current draw: 50 mA
You're not going to get much out of your modular without these: take home the Mutable Instruments Little Bag of Cables today!
- Bag of patch cables for Eurorack modular systems
- 5x 20cm, black
- 5x 40cm, rani pink
- 5x 40cm, turquoise
- 5x 80cm, grey.
- Braided construction
- Little bag included!
£120.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.