Warm Audio WA47 Valve Condenser
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The classic sounds of one of recording history's most famous mics is back - take a look at the Warm Audio WA-47 tube condenser microphone
- Valve condenser microphone
- Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style)
- TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA output transformer
- JJ Slovak 5751 vacuum tube
- Polar Patterns: 9 patterns - Cardioid, Omni, figure-of-eight + 6 mixed patterns
- Self-noise: 11dBA; Dynamic range: 130dBA; Maximum SPL: 140dB (<0.5% THD)
- S/N Ratio: 82dBA
- Includes: Microphone, Wood box, PSU, Shockmount, Gotham 7 pin GAC-7 cable, IEC power cord
The Warm Audio WA-47 is an all valve, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern (9), large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘47 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years.
The Warm WA-47 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The classic ‘47 became extremely popular in the 1960’s and is now considered one of the greatest microphones every made. The classic ‘47 is still widely used today in professional recording studios but have become extremely rare and expensive to acquire.
Designing the WA-47 to sound like the classic ‘47 was no easy task, especially considering that some of the vintage components are no longer available. Warm Audio compared and listened to 2 different vintage ‘47 mics and found that they both sounded amazing but also sounded a little different from each other.
These comparison tests became the benchmark for tailoring the Warm WA-47 sonics to sit right in with these 2 vintage ‘47 mics. Warm Audio are pleased to release such a gorgeous sounding classic to the market at a price that’s reachable to more people than ever before. Warm are also proud to mention that the WA-47 sounds legitimately indistinguishable to the vintage ‘47’s that were auditioned on several sources.
As with all Warm Audio products, they focus heavily on quality components to ensure we release the best sounding product possible. The WA-47 is packed with top end components that are carefully sourced from many of the top pro audio component suppliers in the world.
The Capsule: The WA-47 utilises a custom reproduction of the vintage 47-style capsule that was used in the classic ‘47 microphone - designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response. Warm's version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer, and its precision allows them to nail the sonics for the most important sonic piece of the microphone.
The Tube: A Slovak Republic JJ 5751 vacuum tube is a lower gain, low noise tube that forces much of the sonics of the capsule and transformer to be heard more significantly than some higher gain tubes might allow. Warm Audio auditioned 4 different tube brands and fell in love with the JJ 5751. The frequency response of the JJ and the way it contributes to the circuit is tonally smooth and vintage in nature.
The Transformer: An American made TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA transformer with large core imported German laminations is used in the WA-47. This transformer helps provide the creamy smooth top end, and the LARGER THAN LIFE bottom end one would expect from a 47-style condenser microphone.
The Cable: One component of a tube microphone that is often overlooked is the 7 pin cable that connects the microphone to its power supply. When auditioning the WA-47 and other tube microphones Warm learned quite a bit about 7 pin cables and how the shielding and wire gauge size can drastically change the sonics of a tube microphone.
Warm Audio have partnered with Gotham Cable in Switzerland to use their very carefully built top-end 7 pin GAC-7 cable. Using this cable increases top end presence and the overall size of the recorded image in the stereo field, by reducing phase shift and the parasitic effect of poorly built cables. Gotham Cabling is very expensive and boutique in nature and should be considered no small addition to the WA-47 package.
The Capacitors: The WA-47 proudly uses a polystyrene coupling capacitor for uncompressed top-end response from the capsule, wima film capacitors throughout, and an imported Solen French capacitor on its output driving the TAB-Funkenwerk (AMI) USA transformer.
Warm Audio are very excited to bring this all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern (9), large condenser microphone to the market at such an affordable price. Warm Audio and Red Dog Music feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Warm Audio WA47 Valve Condenser" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
An incredible example of the valve mic maker's art, the Sontronics Aria was beta-tested by Abbey Road studios and PJ Harvey!
- Valve cardioid condenser microphone
- Perfect for vocals, piano, acoustic guitar and cello
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa
- 10 dB Pad
- 75 Hz high-pass filter
- Impedance: <200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1000 Hz): 125 dB
The Avantone BV1 sounds as good as it looks! It is a vocal condenser tube microphone that is not only flexible but musical-sounding!
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs.
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic. It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic.
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly.
- -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
£899.00 inc VAT
Pre-order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 3 year warranty
This product comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.