Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Avantone CV12 is truly a gorgeous sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to fine studio-standard FET mics…but at a fraction of their cost!
- Type: Tube-type Condenser
- Polar Pattern: 9 patterns selectable at power supply
- Frequency Response: 25-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL : 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level : <17dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dB. Sensitivity: -35dB
- Tube Type: 6072A
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables. Included Accessories: Padded Wooden Box, Shockmount , Metal road case
The rugged CV-12 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of Brass. Aesthetically the compact body features an elegant Metallic Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability.
This 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ dual 32mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsules is designed with circuitry that will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. It also features -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches for varied recording situations. The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs and features a HAND SELECTED Russian made 6072A tube.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning, while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the microphone body. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The Avantone CV12 has a smooth and forward top end, helping sources to cut through the mix. Studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room mic and piano are all applications where the CV12 shines.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Avantone CV-12" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The classic, warm, forgiving sound at an incredible price - put the Warm Audio WA87 in front of the source and get the recording you need
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone
- Based on the classic “87-style” circuit
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional
- Capsule: Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db (with pad)
- Switchable 10 dB pad and 80 Hz high-pass filter
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), transformer coupled via Cinemag USA output transformer
- Great value bundle!
- 1 x CAD AS32 Acousti-Shield Acoustic Enclosure (793908)
- 1 x Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone (X456049)
- 1 x Standard Mic Boom Stand (410320)
The Lewitt LCT 550 sets new standards with ultra low self noise levels as well as being packed full of useful features to make the perfect studio microphone.
- Large diaphragm cardioid studio condenser microphone
- 0 dB (A) self-noise from electronics and circuitry
- Perfect Match technology meaning any two LCT 550's will form a matched pair
- Illuminated user interface for easy handling in dark environments
- On board Low-cut and attenuation, adapt to every situation
The CAD E100S is a hand-built condenser microphone at the price of a mass-produced one, and it sounds fantastic on everything!
- All-purpose condenser microphone
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- 1" large diaphragm capsule
- Integrated 'stealth' shock mount
- Frequency Response = 40Hz - 18KHz
- 80Hz hi-pass switchable filter and switchable -10dB pad
- Lowest noise floor in the class (3.7dBA)
- High max SPL: 150dB
- Comes supplied in extra snazzy cherry wood box
- Hand built in Ohio
Aston's mics have been making quite the splash lately. Try out the Aston Spirit and hear for yourself!
- Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Switchable (omni/cardioid/figure-of-eight)
- High-Pass Filter: Switchable, 80Hz
- Pad: Switchable, -10dB, -20dB
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Built-in pop filter
- Tough steel chassis
Get your microphone pointing exactly at the sweet spot with laser accuracy with the Aston Starlight!
- Small diaphragm condenser microphone with laser targeting
- The addition of a Class 2 laser to the Starlight mic, with on/off switch, allows the user to recall mic positions in the studio so set up can be easily replicated
- The Starlight has 3 modes of operation, courtesy of some very fancy front-end filtering between the capsule and PCB. You can chose between Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings to get the perfect tone response for your application
- Starlight utilises a 1.5mm solid stainless steel chassis, tumbled for up to 4 hours to achieve Aston's signature finish
- Starlight employs an extremely fine-tuned discrete mic amp circuit with high-spec components, to achieve an extremely sensitive, low noise design with loads of headroom
- Transducer Type: Capacitor
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 10dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 130dB/ 140dB/ 150dB
£550.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.