Tube Tech CL1B
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
All-tube optical mono compressor - smooth yet musical, with emphasis on clarity.
- Low noise: < -75 dBu @30 dB gain
- Gain Range (off to +30 dB)
- Variable Threshold (off to -40 dBu)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 25 kHz
- All tube-based push-pull amplifier
- 2x busses for multi-compressor connections
- VUs for I/O and compression
- Continuously variable attack and release time
- Click-less bypass switch
- Made in Denmark
The CL1B has enjoyed a long spate as Tube Tech's most popular unit, and this is no mystery. Featuring all-tube circuitry, the CL1B's easy to use and read interface makes adding the perfect smooth compression to your track to help it fit in any mix. Acoustic instruments, electric guitars, bass and vocals have all benefited from the CL1B's talents in more major releases across the industry than can be counted!
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Tube Tech CL1B" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Vintage-style faithful reissue of the original 1960s Altec compressor.
- Adjustable release/attack
- No hard bypass
- Switchable impedance via O/P load
- Infinity control for extra long recovery time
- Balance controls gain reduction valve
- 19" rackmountable
Dual mono-stereo pure Class-A opto-compressor.
- Dual mono or Stereo operation
- Shortish possible audio path
- Transparent, non-invasive compression
- Noise: -94dB
- Headroom: +30dB
- THD: >0.5%
- Bandwidth: -3dB 1Hz to 450kHz
- Large accurate professional VU meters
- Fully balanced I/O
- 19" rackmountable (2U)
The definition of modern classic doesn't get much more defined than the Empirical Labs EL8, now available in a stereo pair!
- Two single channel modern day classic compressors
- Factory calibrated stereo pair
- Frequency response is 2 Hz to 160 kHz in clean audio mode (+0, -3 dB) and is shaped in distortion modes
- Dynamic range 110 dB from max. output to min. output in 1:1 mode; greater than 100 dB signal to noise in distort 3 mode
- Distortion ranges between .02% and 20% depending on distortion mode and release times set on front panel
- Time constants - Attack range 50uS - 50mS; release range .05 sec to 3.5 seconds, normal modes and up to 20 seconds in 10:1 opto mode; time constants are dependant on ratio
- Includes stereo link cable
All-tube optical compressor featuring a bespoke gain reduction element, fully floating transformers and a static screen.
- Built around optical gain reduction element
- Balanced floating transformer ins and outs
- Variable attack and release ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Output gain: off to +10 dB
- Frequency response :@ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers, gold plated switches and click-less bypass relay
The most recent incarnation of this classic compressor combines G-Series sound with SuperAnalogue design topology.
- G-Series compressor
- Classic SSL console gain reduction meter
- External side chain source select
- Auto fade with rate control automatic linear fade in/out control
- Noise: < –90dBu makeup set for 0dB gain
- Headroom: >+28dBu (output level, 20Hz to 20kHz) 0dB gain, dynamic range: > 118dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.2dB (–3dB at 100kHz)
- Crosstalk: < –110dB at 50Hz, <-100dB at 1kHz
- Impedance: >10kohms input, < 50ohms output
- External operation possible via remote port
Mastering-grade compressor providing dynamic control with a transparent signal path for negligible side-effects!
- Maximum I/O level: +29dBu
- Distortion: <0.001%
- Output noise (typical set-up): <-90dBu
- Input Gain control, adjusts compression depth (drive)
- Output Gain control for gain make-up
- Adjustable ratio from gentle compression to limiting
- Adjustable Attack and Release times
- Attack and Release times are also dynamically auto-adjusted to avoid pumping effects
- Switchable gain reduction or program level (VU) metering
- Enclosure: 19-inch 2RU, depth: 280mm
£2832.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.