Art X Direct
Active DI Box
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
- Input Attenuator switches
- Input Link jack allows for tapping off of your signal chain
- Ground Lift switch lets you totally separate the input and output signal grounds
- Switchable low pass Filter that cuts out all very high frequency interference
- Phase Invert switch
The Xdirect is a high quality interface that lets you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced input. The high impedance single-ended 1/4 and XLR inputs are buffered and converted by very low noise active electronics into an isolated balanced low impedance signal source. The Xdirect has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels while still maintaining an isolated balanced low impedance output. This gives the Xdirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments.
The Input Attenuator switches allow for a wide range of signal levels and the Input Link jack allows for tapping off of your signal chain. The Ground Lift switch lets you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, when appropriate, to isolate two systems, there by reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
What further sets the Xdirect apart from other Active DI boxes are its extended features and versatility. We have added a switchable low pass Filter that cuts out all very high frequency interference. This Bessel filter on the input is placed out of the audio range and is primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filter is also very effective in reducing any digital computer noise artifacts when using the Xdirect as an interface between a computer based audio workstation and your monitors.
A Phase Invert switch, while not normally included with your run of the mill D.I. box, has been added to allow you to switch signal polarity right at the source. This feature is especially handy when you are combining a direct tap with a microphone feed in the mix.
The Xdirects active circuitry is powered by an internal 9 volt battery when external power is not available. In this mode it draws 3.5 ma which should give you more than 250 hours of operation off of a new battery. If phantom power is available, then the Xdirect will automatically draw its power from the external source. The Battery on/off switch lights dim when the unit is running off of the battery, lights brightly when it is running off of phantom power, and is off when the unit is inactive.
The compact black anodized all aluminum case and its flexible power design allow the Xdirect to provide years of trouble free service in Live Sound, Permanent/Fixed Install, D.J., and virtually any PA application. Its full feature set, rugged construction, and high-end specifications make the Xdirect the obvious choice whenever you have to interface high impedance sources with a low noise balanced system.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Art X Direct" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Palmer PAN 02 active DI is a great box at an even greater price. Lift your audio signal without breaking the bank!
- 1-channel Active DI Box
- 6.3mm Jack input connector
- XLR transformer balanced output and 6.3mm jack output connector
- Powered by 9V Battery or +48V Phantom Power
- Ground lift and attenuator controls onboard
- Power coated metal cabinet surface
I held the Samson MD1 DI box the day before I wrote this and one word popped into my mind: solid. This thing is built to do the job.
- Passive DI Box
- Single channel
- All-metal, impact resistant design
- Samson STL transformer
- Ground Lift switch
- 1/4" Input and Thru
- Balanced XLR output
- No Phantom or Battery power required
- High quality totally passive DI box
- High impedance, single-ended 1/4” input
- Audio transformer has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels
- Very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments
The TGI DIB1 is an incredibly affordable way to keep your signals clean and manageable on stage and in the studio,
- Active DI box
- Inputs: Jack and XLR
- Outputs: Jack link and XLR
- Ground lift switch
- Pad switch 0dB, -20dB or -40dB
- 9V power (battery included)
Easily convert high impedance signals to console-ready low impedance without worrying about interference.
- Unbalanced high impedance input via 6.3mm jack with link output for monitoring
- XLR balanced Lo-Z output
- Switchable attenuation: 0dB, -20dB, -40dB and ground-lift function
- Fully active design
- Phantom voltage or 9V battery powered
- Converts high-impedance balanced / unbalanced inputs into 600 Ohm balanced outputs
- Switchable input attenuation (0, -30 dB)
- Switchable ground lift
- 1/4" TRS / XLR combo connector inputs
- XLR connectors for balanced outputs
- Rugged extruded aluminum case
£44.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- In-Store Availability
Out of Stock
Out of Stock
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.