SE Electronics Gemini II
Valve Condenser Microphone
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Quickly becoming an industry standard, the sE Electronics Gemini 2 performs beautifully on vocals, brass instruments and more.
- Valve condenser studio microphone
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity: 12.6mV/Pa - 38 ± 1dB(0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Equivalent noise level: 12dB(A weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 135dB
- Power requirement: External PSU included
- Includes flight case, shock mount, power supply and wooden microphone box
The Gemini II dual valve microphone is the ultimate sE Electronics studio microphone design. Built to perform exceptionally as a vocal microphone, the Gemini II is a no holds barred piece of microphone history.
Its dual valve design gives you pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 input valve coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage in place of the traditional transformer. The result is an incredibly large detailed and intimate sound reminiscent of the classic valve microphones from decades ago, but with all of the top end you'd normally associate with the best solid state mics on the market.
The Gemini II now has a 10dB pad and bass cut, a hand built, brushed Aluminium PSU and lower s/n ratio than its predecessor. If you are after something that extra bit special you really must hear this microphone. Prepare to be amazed.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "SE Electronics Gemini II" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
With that famous sound, and a performance-inspiring style, any vocalist will feel like a star in front of the Neumann TLM49
- Cardioid condenser microphone
- Sound profile optimised for vocal performance
- Pressure gradient transducer with the large-diaphragm capsule of the legendary U 47
- Transformerless output circuitry
- Acoustically very open wire mesh headgrille
- Complete set with elastic suspension
Retro-look multi-pattern transformerless condenser microphone designed for studio use.
- Multi-pattern: cardioid, figure-8, and omni
- 2x 26mm diaphragm condenser capsules
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components
- Includes padded metal carry case
- Requires 48v phantom power
A ribbon with extended high-end, high SPL handling and a design by the great legend of studio gear, Rupert Neve, The sE Electronics RNR1 is a remarkable microphone.
- Active ribbon microphone
- Directional pattern: Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 25 kHz
- Max SPL: 135 dB (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Self Noise: 18 dB(A)
- Low Cut Filter Switch: 100 Hz
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Includes innovative open-front shock mount, allowing for easier placement and close micing
- Comes with wooden case and protective sleeve
Brauner's most basic solid-state condenser microphone offering absolutely no compromise on quality.
- Equivalent Noise: < 11 dB A (IEC651)
- Signal to Noise > 83 dB (1 Pa/1 kHz-Cardioid)
- Sensitivity: 28 mV / Pa-Cardioid
- Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz - 22 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB SPL @ 0,3 % THD
- Power Supply 48 V phantom power
A pristine large diaphragm universal cardioid microphone ideal for close miking of instruments, vocals and broadcast.
- Cardioid condenser built on the pressure gradient transducer
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohms: 18 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 140 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Equivalent noise level: 10 dB-A (A-weighted)
- Signal-to-noise ratio (rel. 94 dB SPL): 84 dB (A-weighted)
- Requires 48v phantom power
Cardioid pattern studio condenser microphone perfect for close miking applications for uncoloured precision.
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal ±2 dB at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted, re. 20 µPa: Typ. 18 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 76 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
£1199.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 3 year warranty
This product comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.