Mutable Instruments Blinds
12HP Polariser Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Let the evenings draw in, close the curtains, and get to work patching the Mutable Instruments Blinds Quad Polariser module
- 4-channel signal polariser module for Eurorack systems
- Like a VCA, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced
- Great for drones and feedback patches when used with audio...
- ... or for scaling and offsetting control voltages
- All inputs DC-coupled
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals
- CV offset range: +/- 5V
- Gain scale: linear, a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 70mA ; -12V: 70mA
Mutable Instruments' Blinds is a 4-channel voltage-controlled signal polariser. Each channel consists of a polariser circuit, also known as a four-quadrant multiplier. This circuit acts like a VCA, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced. Blinds’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels, to be mixed together.
One can think of the Mutable Instruments Blinds as a voltage-controlled version of Shades, the control centre for all the modulation CVs used in a patch.
The Mutable Blinds has many other possible uses though... For example, each individual channel can be used to scale/offset a CV; and with audio rate modulation signals, each channel acts like a ring-modulator, with massive potential for drones and feedback patches.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Blinds" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The XAOC Devices Tallin VCA Module is a dual voltage controlled amp with some exciting features!
- Discrete core analog VCA circuitry
- Simultaneous linear and exponential voltage control
- DC-coupled for control voltage processing
- Multi-color signal level indication
- Two distinct amp overdrive characteristics
VCAs are a key part of your modular system, make sure you're covered with the 4 of them in only 8HP with the ALM Tangle Quartet quad VCA!
- Voltage controlled amplifier modular for Eurorack
- 4 high quality clean bleed free linear VCAs
- Utilises 2164 VCA IC’s for high performance with low noise and low signal distortion
- DC coupled inputs and non inverting outputs to support both audio and non audio signals
- Normalised attenuation controls allow for manual mixer like operation with no control signal patched
- Combined mix and individual outputs
- Reverse polarity protection
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: Approx 80 mA
The Make Noise ModDemix is a super fast VCA, ring modulator and summing mixer and more in a very small package
- Unique balanced modulator circuit turns OFF around zero volts at the Carrier/ Control INput, making the circuit behave well as a VCA
- STRENGTH is a Combo Knob, with nothing patched to STRENGTH CV IN, it works as a standard panel control, setting Level. With signal patched to STRENGTH CV IN, it works as an attenuator, setting the strength of the modulation
- Both circuits feed a summing stage, allowing the module to be used as a voltage controlled mixer
- AUXiliary IN allows for the stacking of multiple modDemix and/ or Optomix to create larger mixes
- Able to introduce warm distortions to audio signals, sounds like no other VCA or Ring Mod
- MAX BLINKENLIGHTS, 8 LEDs packed into a small 6hp module
- Width: 6hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
Deceptively simple, but incredibly powerful, the Rebel Technology Mix 04 VCA Matrix facilitates complex patching without compromising sound.
- 4-in/4-out VCA matrix module
- Rebel Technology analogue bus allows you to create custom mix buses by combining Rebel Mix modules.
- High quality Blackmer VCAs throughout create patch flexibility without sacrificing audio quality
- Size: 10HP wide, 35mm deep
- Power: 110mA @12V
A flexible matrix mixer with a dedicated headphone output, check out the Rebel Technology Mix 01
- Matrix mixer for Eurorack modular systems
- 4 inputs and 2 outputs
- Dedicated headphone output
- On the back of the module there are four interconnect headers. Two 5-pin headers connect the input channels and normalled inputs. Two 3-pin headers connect the summing bus and normalled outputs
- Normalling means that a connection can be made between two modules when nothing is inserted into the normalled jack. Inserting a plug into the jack breaks the normalled connection
- Connecting the input bus of two Mix 01 modules creates a 4 in / 4 out matrix. Connecting the output bus creates an 8 in / 2 out matrix. Both the input and output bus can be connected simultaneously to create many routing possibilities: 4/4, 8/2 or any combination of inputs and outputs allowed by the normalling function of the jacks. The modules can still be used independently while connected to the same input and output bus
- Width: 10HP
- Current draw: +12v: < 30mA; -12v: < 30mA
So critical for so many patches, put two VCAs in your modular for less with the Dreadbox White Line Dual VCA
- Dual voltage-controlled amplifier module
- Dual Logarithmic OTA VCA
- Suitable for Audio and CV signals
- Accepts inputs up to 10Vpp
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: 5mA (at +12V) / 3mA (at -12V)
£164.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- In-Store Availability
Out of Stock
Out of Stock
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.