SE Electronics 4400A
Large Diaphragm Condenser
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A self-styled 'modern classic', the sE Electronics 4400A is a true studio workhorse microphone, modelled after one of the greats.
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Variable (omni, cardioid, figure-8, supercardioid)
- Two high-pass filter options
- -10dB and -20dB pad switches for use with high SPL sources
- Unique shock-mount allows for significantly easier placement on close-mic sources.
- Comes supplied in hard case for reliable protection in transit
Four polar patterns, a vintage-style brass capsule, two bass cuts and two pads, and the most adaptable shockmount around - the 4400a is pure modern classic. Much like a few particularly well-known classic European condensers, the 4400a is a true all-rounder. You can put it up on just about anything and it'll sound great.
Unfortunately for many studio owners, those "classic condensers" are often not what they used to be. Capsule designs change over time, capacitors dry out, metal switches are replaced with plastic buttons and LEDs, and the mics that were once so versatile are now mere shadows of their former selves. Given the practically cult status of these vintage mics, sE saw an opportunity, and from that arose the 4400a. Now these classics are obtainable - hand-made brass capsule, four-polar-pattern-versatility and all. And like the classics, the 4400a sounds great on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings, you name it. Its tonal versatility is practically unmatched, without the shortcomings of vintage mics.
As with all sE mics, the 4400a's back-to-back brass-ringed capsules are hand-built and hand-tuned by our skilled technicians, just like any fine musical instrument. The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards or positioned inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road; the 4400A has a unique, black, non-reflective, non-marking, rubberised finish which is ideal for live stage, theatre, TV and broadcast applications which require lighting.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "SE Electronics 4400A" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The CAD E100S is a hand-built condenser microphone at the price of a mass-produced one, and it sounds fantastic on everything!
- All-purpose condenser microphone
- Supercardioid polar pattern
- 1" large diaphragm capsule
- Integrated 'stealth' shock mount
- Frequency Response = 40Hz - 18KHz
- 80Hz hi-pass switchable filter and switchable -10dB pad
- Lowest noise floor in the class (3.7dBA)
- High max SPL: 150dB
- Comes supplied in extra snazzy cherry wood box
- Hand built in Ohio
The Aston Spirit is a vastly versatile microphone that would be an asset in anybody's studio.
- Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Switchable (omni/cardioid/figure-of-eight)
- High-Pass Filter: Switchable, 80Hz
- Pad: Switchable, -10dB, -20dB
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Built-in pop filter
- Tough steel chassis
Get your microphone pointing exactly at the sweet spot with laser accuracy with the Aston Starlight!
- Small diaphragm condenser microphone with laser targeting
- The addition of a Class 2 laser to the Starlight mic, with on/off switch, allows the user to recall mic positions in the studio so set up can be easily replicated
- The Starlight has 3 modes of operation, courtesy of some very fancy front-end filtering between the capsule and PCB. You can chose between Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings to get the perfect tone response for your application
- Starlight utilises a 1.5mm solid stainless steel chassis, tumbled for up to 4 hours to achieve Aston's signature finish
- Starlight employs an extremely fine-tuned discrete mic amp circuit with high-spec components, to achieve an extremely sensitive, low noise design with loads of headroom
- Transducer Type: Capacitor
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 10dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 130dB/ 140dB/ 150dB
- Great value bundle!
- 1 x CAD AS32 Acousti-Shield Acoustic Enclosure (793908)
- 1 x Aston Spirit Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone (X456049)
- 1 x Standard Mic Boom Stand (410320)
This amazing bundle will give you all the tools you need to turn that song in your head into a professional, high quality recording!
- Great value bundle!
- 1 x Sontronics STC20 Pack Condenser Microphone Pack (000487)
- 1 x Audient iD4 USB Audio Interface (476261)
- 1 x Standard Mic Boom Stand (410320)
- 1 x AKG K240mk2 Professional Studio Headphones (262854)
Perfect tolerance, the best possible stereo image. Look no further than the sE Electronics sE5 Stereo Pair.
- Hand-crafted true condenser capsule
- Factory matched pair for perfect tolerance
- Includes precision stereo mounting bar
- Includes custom design shock mount
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Comes in secure, road ready flight case
£379.99 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 3 year warranty
This product comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.