Orange Amp Detonator
Buffered ABY Pedal
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Switch between 2 amps or use them simultaneously the professional way with the hugely impressive Orange Amp Detonator
- ABY pedal
- Switch between two amplifiers or use both simultaneously
- Buffered low impedance signal keeps your high-end intact
- Output B isolating transformer helps keep troublesome ground loops in check!
- Polarity invert button to keep your sound tight
It’s a well-known fact that running two amps is not only enormous fun, but also a time-honoured way of achieving bigger tones on stage and in the studio. Whether it’s switching between two different amplifiers for their individual characteristics (rhythm and lead, for example) or using them simultaneously for huge walls of sound, pros have been employing this setup for decades.
Achieving this easily, however, has always been a problem for guitar players. Poor quality passive ABY boxes/line selectors load the guitar signal down, degrading the tone and rendering the whole exercise almost pointless. Not to mention ground hum issues caused by non-isolated outputs. On the other hand, active ABY pedals are in short supply and are usually quite cumbersome.
Step forward: The Orange Amp Detonator.
Featuring two buffered outputs, one with a custom designed isolating transformer, we are pretty confident that the Orange Amp Detonator is the smallest active, fully functional, buffered ABY pedal on the market. What’s more, it’s the only active ABY switcher that can be powered by a 9V battery. The transformer output has been meticulously engineered to be as transparent as possible, whilst both outputs are buffered with a low noise, linear circuit.
Drive any length of cable to your amps with no loss of clarity and switch silently between them. No more unnerving ‘thumps’ for you or the sound guy! The Orange Amp Detonator also has a push-button polarity switch to correct common phase issues between amplifiers, keeping the tone fat and full. Finally, the tri-colour LED is a handy feature, especially on dark stages, indicating your current switching setting at a glance.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Orange Amp Detonator" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Take control of your Roland amp with the Roland GA-FC footswitch
- Footswitch for Roland amps
- Switch instantly between four channels and two routes of loops, reverbs, boost settings, etc.
- Simultaneously connect two expression pedals (EV-5, FV-500L, and FV-500H) for realtime control of volume and drive
- Simultaneously control stacked amps via Link In/Out port
- Compatible products: Blues Cube Artist, CUBE-80GX, CUBE-40GX, GA-212, GA-112
- Each footswitch can be assigned latch- or momentary-type
- Stereo input jack for single stereo cable connection
- Can be connected to other footswitches (FS-5L/FS-5U/FS-6/AB-2) for extension
- Can be used with a wide variety of instruments, rhythm machines, guitar amps, etc.
Continuing with their space saving ethos we now have the Boss FS7 Dual Footswitch where the switches are arranged in tandem
- Dual footswitch in a small footprint
- Latch/momentary switching function
- Durable steel chassis
- Battery-free operation ideal for pedal boards
- Power via 9v adapter (power splitter included)
- Operates as momentary switch with no power*
- *LEDs will not illuminate without AC power
- WxDxH: 62mm x 131mm x 60mm
- Weight: 290g
- Affordable A/B selector with 1-click operation and silent switching
- 2-way selector for using A/B input with one output, or vice-versa
- Instantly change guitars, effects setups or amplifiers, or switch between an amp and tuner
- Orange Heavy Duty Footswich.
- LED indication for Lead Channel.
- Channel switching Rockerverb 50 /100, Rocker 30, Thunderverb 200, AD30H/TC/140HTC.
- A second footswitch can be used for Reverbs on the Rockerverb 50 /100.
- Usable with every guitar cable.
- Connecting cable not included.
£109.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.