Genelec 8340A SAM Monitor
Active Studio Monitor Each
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Genelec 8340A SAM Monitor is a sonically beautiful monitor with cutting edge technology built-in.
- Professional studio monitor with SAM technology
- SAM technology automatically calibrates the monitors to best perform in any space
- Driver: 6 1/2" woofer and 3/4" tweeter
- Max SPL: 110dB
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB)
- I/O: 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network
- Features Genelec's signature Minimum Diffraction Enclosure
- Intelligent Signal Sensing powers down monitors when no signal is detected
- Various Genelec mounts and accessories also available. For more information, get in touch!
The Genelec 8340A has quickly established itself as the trusted monitoring choice of facilities worldwide. Boasting a 6 1/2 inch woofer plus Genelec’s most efficient Class-D amplification to date, the two-way, Class D bi-amplified monitor represents a finely balanced union of acoustic expertise and SAM innovation.
At the heart of the system is an acoustic design shaped by decades of innovation and expertise. Capable of supporting extremely high sound pressure levels, the 8340A features a reflex port design for low-frequency enhancement, plus the colour-free accuracy of the Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE), and on- and off-axis precision thanks to the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW). All this is coupled to the versatility of SAM. Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) 2.0 software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment, no matter if you work in simple stereo or ambitious immersive audio.
The result is the most advanced adaptable monitoring solution available, ideal for all applications including recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Genelec 8340A SAM Monitor" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Extend the low frequency response of your Pebbles and increase the max SPL with the Unity Audio Bam-Bam
- Expansion for The Pebble
- Turn your Pebbles into a three-way system
- Add bass extension and increase maximum SPL
- 7" woofer
If you want a properly critical listen to your mix, the Unity Audio The Rock mkII studio monitors are what you want behind your desk!
- 2 way active monitor
- Bespoke true class A/B 100 watt E.A.R. discrete amplfier
- Closed cabinet design
- Corian front baffle
- 50 kHz folded ribbon tweeter
- 7''/180mm woofer
- Balanced XLR input
- Un-balanced RCA gold plated phono input
- SPL Max @ 1M = 105dB
- Frequency response: +/- 3db 33Hz - 25kHz)
The Avantone Abbey CS active three way monitors give you a smooth sounding, full range sound for a very attractive price and colour!
- Active (Self-Powered) full-range stereo pair
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 35Hz-38,000Hz (Accessible musical range)
- MAX SPL: 106dB @ 1 meter (pink noise); 108dB at 1 meter @1%THD (1kHz)
- CABINET: Bass reflex design /18mm MDF/ with polyester acoustical stuffing
- INPUTS: XLR & TRS +4dB Balanced and -10dB unbalanced
- CABINET DIMENSIONS: 270Wx360Hx385D (10.6"x14.2"x15.2")
- CABINET WEIGHT: 16kg (35.2lb)
- WARRANTY: 5 Year Limited Warranty to original purchaser
The most compact of Geithain's RL series, perfect for nearfield monitoring applications.
- 1x 130 mm (5") woofer, 1x 25 mm (1") dome tweeters
- Max SPL: 104 dB / r = 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Bandwidth: 50 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
- Directivity index: increasing from 1.5 to 11 dB
- Inherent noise sound level: ≤ 7 dB (A) / r = 1 m (3.3 ft)
- THD @ 83 dB / r = 1 m (3.3 ft): ≤ - 40 dB (150 Hz - 10 kHz)
- Nominal input level: + 6 dBu adjustable
- Input impedance: ≥ 10 kOhm RC balanced
- Electronic crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- MOSFET-amplifier: LF 80W @ 4 Ohm, HF 40W @ 8 Ohm
The smallest in PSI's A range, but exhibiting the high SPL and broad frequency range that every discerning listener craves.
- Drivers: Ø147mm / Ø104mm woofer, Ø70mm / Ø24mm tweeter
- Power RMS: 70 + 30W = 100W program
- Sensitivity: 0.775 V (100 dB @ 1m)
- S2N ratio: 96 dBA
- Max SPL: 101 dB (single/continuous)
- Response: 56 - 22000 Hz @ -6dB
- Tolerances: ±2.5 dB (65Hz - 18kHz)
- Distortion THD: < 1.8% (95Hz-15kHz)
- Crossover frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Impedance: sym, 10k Ohms
- XLR input connection
The Genelec 8050B active studio monitor is a serious monitoring tool for those serious mix jobs!
- Active studio monitor
- Max SPL: 110 dB
- Frequency response (-3 dB): 35 Hz - 21 kHz
- Dimensions: H x W x D 452 x 286 x 278 mm
- Weight: 12.7 Kg (28 lb)
- XLR input
£1239.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.