M-Audio Studiophile CX5
Active Monitor Speaker (each)
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized voice coil and rear chamber
- 5-inch, Kevlar, long-excursion, low-frequency driver with high-damping rubber surround
- Acoustic Space controls optimize frequency response for your production space
- Bi-amplified, class A/B amplifier with external heat sink, recessed mounting and 14-gauge wiring to transducers: 50 watts RMS for lows, 40 watts RMS for highs
- Contoured front baffle with integral OptImage IV waveguide
- Balanced combo input (XLR and 1/4” TRS); RCA unbalanced input
- Power and volume controls
- Ultra-solid, 1-inch front and rear MDF baffles and .75-inch MDF wrap with optimized internal bracing
- Flared rear-firing port for lower turbulence
- Elegant lacquer paint with soft-touch painted faceplate
- Recessed amplifier mounting
- Extensive protection—RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter and external mains fuse
The M-Audio Studiophile CX5 Active Studio Reference Monitor features excellent off-axis response, minimal distortion, an expansive soundstage and the flexibility to adapt to any production space. The Studiophile CX5 monitor brings exceptionally accurate monitoring to any acoustic environment.
The CX5 components are designed to work together so that the entire system has superior headroom, resulting in lower high-frequency distortion and reduced listener fatigue compared to other monitors in its class. The bi-amplified design dedicates 50 watts for the lows and 40 watts for the highs.
The low-frequency driver’s venting and large voice coil provides both thermal and acoustic headroom. The high-frequency driver features an optimized, sealed rear chamber for more audible headroom, as well as lower frequency extension for greater mid-range clarity. These factors also contribute to a more uniform response at a variety of listening levels—allowing you to work longer without fatiguing your speakers or your ears.
Custom OptImage IV waveguide design improves overall detail and clarity. It also controls the dispersion pattern of the mids and highs, offering a much wider soundstage than traditional waveguides. As a result, the CX5 monitor delivers an accurate, detailed representation of your mix with a remarkably broad sweet spot.
The CX5 monitor delivers cohesive sound—from solid bass, to well-defined mids, to smooth, transparent highs. Featuring a high-grade damping surround, the premium, Kevlar, low-frequency driver maximizes excursion to provide a clear, articulate low end with a bass impact you’d expect from a larger enclosure. The silk-dome, high-frequency driver with oversized 1.25-inch voice coil delivers an exceptional high-frequency response up to 30kHz.
The Studiophile CX5 monitor offers Acoustic Space controls for tailoring each speaker to your room. Acoustic Space settings include -4dB, -2dB and Flat—and the monitor also features LF Cutoff, MF Boost and HF Trim switches for additional customization. These settings help to optimize frequency response within even the most difficult acoustic environments.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "M-Audio Studiophile CX5" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
In its latest incarnation, the KRK Rokit RP8 G3 active studio monitors offer serious performance at an incredible pricepoint!
- Brand new bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion
- New proprietary waveguide optimised for superior imaging
- New 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz
- New high-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass
- New low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- New front firing port — low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling
- New radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- New low-resonance enclosure for minimised distortion and colourisation
- New Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, 1/4”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
A compact active monitor that offers the sound you'd expect from their reputation, the Genelec 8010 is the answer for small spaces!
- Active studio monitor
- Maximum SPL: 96 dB
- Frequency response: 74 Hz - 20 kHz (-2.5 dB)
- Dimensions: 195 mm (H) x 121 (W) x 116 mm (D) with Iso-Pod
- Analogue inputs on XLR
Proel's Eikon5 studio monitor is a budget studio monitor with pro features!
- Bi-amplified 2-way system
- 1 "soft-dome tweeter for detailed response and a high-resolution sound
- Proprietary integrated elliptical waveguide with accurate directivity control
- Long-excursion 8” woofer with lightweight fiber-glass composite cone
- Precisely calculated front tuning port for greater low-frequency extension
- Multiple audio input connectors for connecting any kind of source
- HF adjustment for a flexible control of high frequency response
- Sophisticated, carefully designed crossover filters for an improved resolution
- Max SPL: 109dB
- Frequency response: 45 Hz - 20 kHz
The Fostex 6301NB is a compact active monitor for professional project, mobile & home studios. The NB version comes with a jack input only
- Compact aluminum design
- 4" full-range driver
- 25W Class-D amplifier for powerful performance
- 1/4" input connector
- Front-panel rotary volume control
- Protection circuitry keeps the speaker operating smoothly
- Magnetically shielded for safe use near video monitors
- Multi-voltage power supply
- Auto Standby Mode engages after 25 minutes, power consumption reduced to 0.5W
- Optional bracket available separately for mounting
Perfect for smaller studios, the Focal CMS40 active monitors still give you the famous sound for which Focal is known
- Active studio monitor
- Frequency response (-3 dB): 60 Hz - 28 kHz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 97 dB
- Inputs: XLR and RCA
- Comprehensive controls to tailor the sound to your room
Put the acclaimed Adam AX series in your monitoring chain and hear all the detail you need for a great mix with the Adam A3X!
- Active studio monitor
- 4.5" driver and X-ART ribbon tweeter
- Input connectors: XLR and RCA
- Frequency response: 60 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD (90dB/1m > 100 Hz): ≤0.8 %
- Long-term output: ≥98 dB
- Max. peak: ≥106 dB
- Weight: 10.1 lb (4.6 kg)
£200.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.