If you're looking for the best in analogue percussion synthesis, you might just be looking for the incredible Moog DFAM...
- Analogue percussion synthesiser
- Semi-modular: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analogue rhythms.
- 100% analogue: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration
- 2 oscillators: Ultra-wide range sound generation - craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass
- Selectable analogue filters: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a Low Pass or High Pass Ladder filter
- 3 envelopes: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart “human” variation to your sound
- 8-step analogue sequencer with velocity: Vibrantly continuous control over each note
- 24 patch-points: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan
- Link multiple units: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analogue compositions
- External audio input: Process other sounds through DFAM’s analogue circuitry
Looking for the ideal drum and percussion synth that gives you all the control and character you need to craft the perfect percussive sound? Meet the Moog DFAM...
The Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother) is a semi-modular analogue percussion synth and a glorious deviation from the traditional drum machine.
Handcrafted in Asheville, NC by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory, the DFAM is the first addition to the Mother-32 family of synthesisers and presents an expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation.
The Moog DFAM requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesising new and unique rhythmic compositions.
Activated by an easy-to-use analogue sequencer, the DFAM’s sound begins with a white noise generator and two wide-range analogue oscillators. Oscillator hard sync and FM cross-modulation invite effortless transitions between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant.
The DFAM’s distinctive voice is then shaped by the versatile Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
The Moog DFAM behaves much like a living organism, reacting in different ways to different individuals. This is due to 3 dedicated analogue envelopes working dynamically with the sequencer to ensure that tribal toms breathe, industrial impacts evolve, and cacophonous chaos can be spawned or subdued at the turn of a knob.
Each DFAM ships with a package of Moog patch cables that unlock access to the 24-point modular patchbay. Use it to create new sounds or bizarre behaviours, synchronise an unlimited number of DFAM and Mother-32 units together, or fully integrate your analogue instrument into a modular Eurorack production environment.
- FREE UK delivery with this product
- 1 year warranty
- 14-day money-back guarantee
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.