Mutable Instruments Rings
14HP Resonator Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A more modular Elements for your Eurorack system, the Mutable Instruments Rings puts a versatile resonator in your modular system
- Resonator module for Eurorack modular systems
- Three resonator models: modal resonator (as used in Elements), sympathetic strings (stack of comb filters), string with non-linearity/dispersion (comb filter with multimode filter and non-linearities in the loop)
- Pseudo-polyphony of up to 4 notes. Each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay
- Plethora of controls to dial in the perfect sound...
- ... and extensive CV controllability to modulate it
- Width: 14 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 110mA ; -12V: 5mA
The Mutable Instruments Rings brings physical modelling synthesis to your Eurorack system, from a more modular angle than Braids’ models or Elements.
Instead of trying to be a complete instrument, Rings focuses on the key ingredient, the resonator, ready to be excited by envelope clicks, trigger pulses, granular noise or any other audio source produced by the rest of your system.
Three families of vibrating structures are simulated by the module, with CV control over their parameters:
-Strings, membranes and tubes as modelled by Elements’ resonator section (modal synthesis).
-Strings coupled together and vibrating in sympathy, with controllable intervals between them.
-Strings with a variable amount of inharmonicity.
Mutable Instruments Rings can be configured so that each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay(s). This unique take on polyphony allows the module to play strummed chords.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Rings" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Need some oddness? Get the Make Noise Wogglebug, which is a dual random voltage generator, dual VCO and ring mod with a 'woggle' CV out
- Complete Complex Random Voltage system, no external modules necessary
- Two VCOs, Phase Lock Loop, Lag Processor, Clock, Burst Generator and Sample & Hold
- Generates 7 Random Signals simultaneously: Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO, Ring Mod, Stepped, Smooth, Woggle, Burst
- Generates ultra stable, voltage controlled Master Clock
- External inputs for S&H (Heart IN) and Ring-Mod (Influence)
- Disturb button adds performance element
- Width: 10hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
Add a bit of digital sampling to your analog modular system and world with the ADDAC 101 Wave Player, which offers a load of control
- Four variable settings, Loop Size, Initial Position, Sample Rate and VCA controlled either manually through the corresponding front panel knob or externally from a CV input.
- Two sound outputs: one pre-VCA (with a pre-volume knob) and one post-VCA (located in the VCA section).
- An Envelope Follower CV output.
- Loop Size - dynamically control the size of the loop, by trimming down the total duration to a smaller size.
- Initial Position - dynamically control the initial point of the loop, also allowing scrolling through the file duration.
- Sample Rate - dynamically change the sample rate resolution, altering the pitch of the playback.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier - analogue VCA to dynamically control the overall volume of the sound output.
- Envelope Follower - a CV output that changes according to the playback amplitude (post-VCA), with controls for level and decay. It also features a led monitor for easy visualization.
- Led monitors - visualize current state of Size, Position and Rate controls.
- Skip / Loop switch - set the Gate/Digital input to either a file access mode or re-trigger mode.
- Playback modes - set playback modes between Loop / One Shot | Forward / Random.
The Make Noise tELHARMONIC is a 3 output, 3 note oscillator using additive synthesis, phase modulation and pitched noise with sideband width
- 3 Voice Additive Harmonic synthesis inspired by Thaddeus Cahill's Telharmonium, 1897
- Noise synthesis inspired by early computer music piece "Analog 1: Noise Study" by James Tenney, 1961
- 3 Voice Phase Modulation synthesis inspired by early commercial digital synthesis, 1980's
- CENTROID, FLUX and H-LOCK animate each Algorithm uniquely
- All Algorithms available simultaneously at their respective outputs
- 6 octaves of continuous 1V/ Octave pitch control
- 4 octaves of quantized pitch control
- Voltage Controlled Music Theory
- DEGREE Modulation able to be synchronized by clock or gate via D-Gate input
- Gate Out completes the conversation between tELHARMONIC and rest of system!
- Utilizes High performance DSP hardware with 24bit, 48kHz codec, 32 bit floating point processing
- Has Spiratone inside
When you want to get the patch started off with the thick sound of four oscillators, patch out from the SE Quadnic!
- Oscillator module for Eurorack systems
- Four VCOs onboard
- Each VCO features 64 waveforms...
- ... and 7 processing modes...
- ...and a 1V/octave input
- Process CV input
- Individual and mix outputs
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: 50 mA max
Roland is back in the modular game! With the Roland 512 Dual VCO, you can put those classic Roland modular sounds in your Eurorack system
- Dual oscillator module for Eurorack
- Pulse, triangle and sawtooth waveforms
- Pulse width modulation
- Soft and hard sync modes
Wow, how many functions can you put in one module? Well the Expert Sleepers Disting has squashed 16 into a 4HP space!
- 16 in 1 multifunction Eurorack module
- Includes: Adders, VCO's Converters, Rectifiers and more...
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 53mm
- Mk4 version
£245.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.