Doepfer A-138M Matrix Mixer
Eurorack Mixer Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
When you've got a few sources to route to a few destinations - either audio or CV - the Doepfer A-138m matrix mixer is just the ticket...
- Mixer module for Eurorack
- 4x4 matrix mixer
- 4 inputs
- 4 outputs
- Outputs are selectable between unipolar and biopolar
- Width: 20HP
- Current draw: 20 mA
The Doepfer A-138m is a 4 x 4 matrix mixer with switches for unipolar/bipolar mode for each column.
Unipolar means that the controls work as attenuators. Bipolar means that the controls work as polarizers. In this mode the amplification is zero in the middle position of the corresponding control.
Turning the knob counterclockwise from the center position the signal is subtracted from the output sum with increasing amount (i.e. negative). Turning the knob clockwise from the center position the signal is added to the output sum with increasing amount.
The module is DC-coupled and can be used for both audio and control voltage mixing.
By means of an internal jumper one can select if the four upper controls work as DC offset generators - provided that no patch cord is plugged into the upper input socket. If this feature is not required it can be deactivated by removing the jumper on top left of the pc board.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Doepfer A-138M Matrix Mixer" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Make Noise Dynamix is an enigmatic, complex module with a whole host of compression, expansion, ducking and gating features to explore.
- Analog Low Pass Gate with fast response allows for AM synthesis and use with ADSR
- Input Signal Attenuator with soft overload at maximum settings
- DYNMC CV IN can act as audio side-chain input
- LEDs indicate LEVEL activity
- Voltage controlled mixer with AUX IN allows for chaining of multiple units to create larger mixes
- Size: 10hp wide, 24mm deep
- Power: 55mA@+12V/45mA@-12V
- Pairs well with CONTOUR, Optomix, modDemix
The Make Noise ModDemix is a super fast VCA, ring modulator and summing mixer and more in a very small package
- Unique balanced modulator circuit turns OFF around zero volts at the Carrier/ Control INput, making the circuit behave well as a VCA
- STRENGTH is a Combo Knob, with nothing patched to STRENGTH CV IN, it works as a standard panel control, setting Level. With signal patched to STRENGTH CV IN, it works as an attenuator, setting the strength of the modulation
- Both circuits feed a summing stage, allowing the module to be used as a voltage controlled mixer
- AUXiliary IN allows for the stacking of multiple modDemix and/ or Optomix to create larger mixes
- Able to introduce warm distortions to audio signals, sounds like no other VCA or Ring Mod
- MAX BLINKENLIGHTS, 8 LEDs packed into a small 6hp module
- Width: 6hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
Let the evenings draw in, close the curtains, and get to work patching the Mutable Instruments Blinds Quad Polariser module
- 4-channel signal polariser module for Eurorack systems
- Like a VCA, except that a negative control voltage will cause the output signal to be inverted, instead of being silenced
- Great for drones and feedback patches when used with audio...
- ... or for scaling and offsetting control voltages
- All inputs DC-coupled
- All inputs handle audio-rate signals
- CV offset range: +/- 5V
- Gain scale: linear, a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 70mA ; -12V: 70mA
A flexible matrix mixer with a dedicated headphone output, check out the Rebel Technology Mix 01
- Matrix mixer for Eurorack modular systems
- 4 inputs and 2 outputs
- Dedicated headphone output
- On the back of the module there are four interconnect headers. Two 5-pin headers connect the input channels and normalled inputs. Two 3-pin headers connect the summing bus and normalled outputs
- Normalling means that a connection can be made between two modules when nothing is inserted into the normalled jack. Inserting a plug into the jack breaks the normalled connection
- Connecting the input bus of two Mix 01 modules creates a 4 in / 4 out matrix. Connecting the output bus creates an 8 in / 2 out matrix. Both the input and output bus can be connected simultaneously to create many routing possibilities: 4/4, 8/2 or any combination of inputs and outputs allowed by the normalling function of the jacks. The modules can still be used independently while connected to the same input and output bus
- Width: 10HP
- Current draw: +12v: < 30mA; -12v: < 30mA
So critical for so many patches, put two VCAs in your modular for less with the Dreadbox White Line Dual VCA
- Dual voltage-controlled amplifier module
- Dual Logarithmic OTA VCA
- Suitable for Audio and CV signals
- Accepts inputs up to 10Vpp
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: 5mA (at +12V) / 3mA (at -12V)
VCAs are a key part of your modular system, make sure you're covered with the 4 of them in only 8HP with the ALM Tangle Quartet quad VCA!
- Voltage controlled amplifier modular for Eurorack
- 4 high quality clean bleed free linear VCAs
- Utilises 2164 VCA IC’s for high performance with low noise and low signal distortion
- DC coupled inputs and non inverting outputs to support both audio and non audio signals
- Normalised attenuation controls allow for manual mixer like operation with no control signal patched
- Combined mix and individual outputs
- Reverse polarity protection
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: Approx 80 mA
£132.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.