Mutable Instruments Shelves
EQ Filter Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A parametric EQ, but with CV control: the Mutable Instruments Shelves puts modulatable tone-sculpting in your Eurarack system
- EQ module for Eurorack systems
- Voltage controlled EQ with sweepable low-shelf, high-shelf, and two parametric sections
- Low-shelf/Parametric/High-shelf correction frequency, 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Low-shelf/Parametric/High-shelf cut/boost, -15dB to 15dB
- Parametric correction Q, 0.5 to 20 (up to 1000 with external CV offset)
- Analogue signal path
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 75mA ; -12V: 75mA.
The Mutable Instruments Shelves brings to Eurorack modular systems something we are all very familiar with: the 4-band parametric EQ typically found in console channel strips. But this time, there’s CV control! The first band is a low-pass shelving filter, the fourth band a high-pass shelving filter, and band #2 and #3 have full-blown parametric controls with bandwidth (Q) adjustment. All analogue.
Shelves will provide a subtler spectral shaping & coloring than standard multimode filters. It is particularly useful in the feedback loop of effects or more generally in feedback patches in which the slightest tonal change has drastic consequences. Or as a novel way of shaping sounds obtained by west-coast techniques. Or as a formant-ish filter. Or to emulate the body of instruments in the context of physical modelling patches…
Unlike console EQs, each band is not restricted to a narrow range of frequencies: it can be swept across the entire audio range, from 20 Hz to 20kHz – with unexpected phase cancellations or reinforcements when corrections compete in the same frequency range. All parameters have direct CV control. Global frequency and cut/boost CV inputs allow simultaneous CV control of all channels.
This video is dynamically generated from YouTube, so the views may not necessarily be those of Red Dog Music Limited.
The Dreadbox Murmux module takes the excellent filter section from the Dreadbox Murmux synthesiser
- Filter module derived from the Dreadbox Murmux synthesiser
- Selectable number of poles for low-pass filter
- Separate outputs for low pass and high pass
- Current draw: 35mA at +12V/30mA at -12V
- Size: 12HP
Crank up the resonance on the Doepfer A124SE Wasp Filter and you'll never create a boring patch ever again!
- Character filter with special edition black and yellow colour scheme
- 12db/oct multi-mode filter: low-pass, hi-pass and bandpass
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 45 mm
- Draw +30mA (+12V) / -10mA (-12V)
The XOAC Belgrad is a multimode filter eurorack module that shares a crucial quality with David Lynch: it does twin peaks.
- All analog, dual core filter design
- 10 distinct frequency responses
- Wide tuning range, approx. 4hz to 28kHz
- Low noise audio path
- Voltage controlover the resonance and peaks balance
- Nonlinear feedback and cross-modulation
- V/octave input
- Adjustable input overdrive
- 14hp, skiff friendly
- Current draw: +45mA / -42mA
With this one module, you can do, well, where to start, the possibilities with the 4ms SMR are endless!
- Multiband resonant filter
- Six filter channels, selected from twenty active filters displayed on the light ring
- Variable "Q" (Resonance) ranges from classic band-pass to ultra-resonant ringing
- Filter frequencies move about the scale using Rotation and Spread
- Rotation "spins" the frequencies around the scale
- Each bank has 11 scales of 20 frequencies/notes each
- User-programmable scales (select octave, chromatic note, and microtonal adjustments for each note in the scale)
- Scale banks for Western, Indian, Chromatic, Micro-tonal, Equal tempered, Just intonation tunings
- White noise is normalised to the inputs, so the SMR can be used without an external signal
- Stereo ins and outs stagger the bands into evens/odds for an immersive stereo field
£169.00 inc VAT
Pre-order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.