Mutable Instruments Peaks
Rhythmic Utility Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A module you'll wonder how you lived without, the Mutable Instruments Peaks can do things with triggers you wouldn't believe...
- Rhythmic trigger utility module for Eurorack
- 2-channel trigger to signal converter with three control modes: twin, split and expert
- ADSR envelope generator
- Free-running and tap-tempo LFO
- Kick, snare and hat synthesis
- 16-bit CV/audio generation with 48kHz sample rate
- Cortex-M3 ARM processor
- Open-source hardware and firmware
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 60mA ; -12V: 2mA
The Mutable Instruments Peaks provides 4 different functions in a small 8-HP package. Their common point? They are all about generating an audio or CV signal in response to a trigger, and are all focused on rhythmic works.
Peaks is a dual-channel module – making it very useful for duophonic patches or for controlling/synthesising the kick/snare rhythmic backbone of a patch.
Peaks’ first function is a no-frills ADSR envelope with segment times going from 0.2ms to 8s. Carefully tuned envelope shapes (quartic attack, exponential decay and release) provide a smooth but nervous response.
Peaks can work as a free-running, resettable LFO, or as a tempo synchronized LFO.
5 waveforms are available, each of them with a shape/morphing parameter: wavefolded sine, variable slope triangle, PWM square, stepped triangle and sampled/interpolated noise.
Peaks can synthesise bass-drum, snare-drum and hi-hat sounds using a digital model of the TR-808 circuits. An alternate drum generation mode synthesizes more aggressive FM-style drum sounds.
A unique feature of the Mutable Instruments Peaks is its ability to lock onto irregular sequence of taps: the module can detect the periodicity of the incoming trigger pattern, and adjust the duration of the LFO cycles accordingly.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Peaks" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Expert Sleepers FHX1 allows you to add another eight CV outputs to your FH1 'faderHost' USB MIDI host.
- Expansion for the Expert Sleepers FH1
- Panel width: 4HP
- Module depth: 43mm
The Steady State Fate GND CTRL is a unique and compact utility Eurorack module. It has a number of features incl attenuator, inverter & more
- Ultra Compact Utility
- Unique Preset Gain System
- Standard Utility Functions
- High Contrast Display VU Meter
- Perfect for Small and Large Systems
The Xaoc Warna Voltage Distributor is a handy hub for splitting, summing and inverting signals!
- 2 independent 1:4 buffered multiples
- 2 voltage inverters
- Summing 4:1 mixer section, normalled to multiples
- Unity gain circuit
- 6 hp wide
- +12/-12V powered
- Skiff friendly (25 mm)
- Current draw: 50 mA
The Make Noise Maths is a musical analogue computer offering of loads of functions. THE module when you need a solution to a modular problem
- Voltage Controlled Envelope or LFO as slow as 25 minutes and as fast as 1khz
- Apply Lag, Slew or Portamento to control voltages
- Change the depth of modulation and modulate backwards!
- Combine up to 4 control signals to create more complex modulations
- Musical Events such as Ramping up or Down in Tempo, on command
- Initiating Musical events upon sensing motion in the system
- Musical note division and / or Flam
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
Get some serious low end frequencies in your patch by generating some sub octaves with the Doepfer A-115 audio divider!
- Frequency divider for Eurorack systems
- Produce frequencies at octaves below th input signal
- Output combines input and sub-octave signals
- Level controls allow individual signals to be set to taste
You're not going to get much out of your modular without these: take home the Mutable Instruments Little Bag of Cables today!
- Bag of patch cables for Eurorack modular systems
- 5x 20cm, black
- 5x 40cm, rani pink
- 5x 40cm, turquoise
- 5x 80cm, grey.
- Braided construction
- Little bag included!
£175.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.