Mutable Instruments Grids
Probability Rhythm Sequencer
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
When you combine Euclidiean sequencing with machine learning from a huge rhythm training set, you get the Mutable Instruments Grids
- Topographic drum sequencer
- Three-channel algorithmic trigger generator
- Based on compressed representations of drum patterns and their variations
- Clock input and Internal clock with a 40 to 240 BPM range
- Beat indicator/tap tempo button
- Randomness knob with CV input
- Pattern complexity/density knobs for channels 1, 2, 3 with CV inputs
- Secret 3-channel Euclidean sequencer mode
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 25mA ; -12V: 1mA
Take the user interface of a Euclidean sequencer, a healthy dose of machine learning and graph algorithms, megabytes of drum loops, hours of intensive computations and you’ve got the Mutable Instruments Grids: a drum pattern generator like no other.
Grids’ “brain” is a map of the typical drum patterns used in (mostly electronic) music, laid out by similarity, trained on a large corpus of drum loops. The module can smoothly interpolate and navigate from one pattern to the other, at the whim of a knob move or a CV.
But Grids’ knowledge of drum patterns goes far beyond what would be achieved with presets – given a position in the map, thousands of variations can be intuitively generated by controlling the “event density” of each of the 3 channels (bd, sd, hh) – gradually moving from a sparse backbone to a deliciously rich pattern with ghost notes, rolls and fills.
Add CV-control on these parameters and you can add subtle or drastic variations to the drum pattern. If you don’t want to waste a noise source or S&H for that, the Mutable Instruments Grids has its own internal source of randomness that can unpredictably spice the pattern, in an always meaningful way.
Building the rhythmic foundation of your tracks with Grids is fun, surprisingly intuitive, with modulation and variations possibilities that will rapidly make you forget x0x-style sequencers.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Grids" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The ADDAC 402 4 voixe Heuristic Rhythm Generator is fantastically versatile trigger & gate sequencer with store and recall functions!
- Fantastically versatile sequencer
- Width: 20 HP
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 10.4 x 10 cm
Put a super compact sequencer into your Eurorack system with the XAOC Tirana II Micro Sequencer.
- Micro sequencer module
- Four CV/gate steps
- Per step repetition or ratcheting
- Per step gate muting
- On board clock divider
- Voltage controlled play direction, transposition and reset
- Unipolar and bipolar adjustable voltage range
- Expandable by chaining up more Tirana units together
- Size: 6hp
The Tonic Sequencer by Rebel Technology is an additive pitch sequencer that will make melodies from triggers.
- Width: 6HP / 30.00mm
- Height: 3U / 128.50mm
- Depth: 25mm
- Weight: 58g
- 10-pin Doepfer/Eurorack
- Reverse voltage protected
- +12v: < 85mA
- -12v: < 15mA
With 8 outputs and an awful lot of things to output, the Abstract Data Octocontroller can be the nerve-centre of your modular sysrtem
- Trigger and pattern module for Eurorack modular systems
- Eight outputs
- Highly configurable Control, Modulation, Triggering and Pattern module. 8 simultaneous Outputs and 12, individually assignable, Output types.
- Output and Modulation types include Pulses, Gates, LFOs, Digital Noise, Loopable S&H modes and a collection of Arpeggios and Rhythmic Loops
- Tempo-sync for all Outputs is provided by the on-board Clock or an External Clock Input with Tempo ranges from 20 to 270 BPM
- Outputs can be set to any Clock Division or Multiple from 1/16th of a Beat to 16 Bars and can be Offset up to 360 Degrees
- Intuitive interface allows user-definable control over knob and parameter behaviour to match the preferences of individual users
- Width: 14 HP
- Current draw: 125mA average
The Make Noise Rene is the worlds first "Cartesian" sequencer for synthesizers, which allows the artist maximum control for minimal input
- Maximum amount of artist controlled musical variation, derived from minimum amount of data input
- ALL programming done real-time, programming of René is a key performance element
- Up to 4 clock inputs and 2 CV inputs may be used simultaneously to achieve complex, musical patterns
- 1 Quantized Voltage Out (forced to programmed musical scales) useful for controlling pitch on DPO
- 1 non-quantized voltage out, useful for controlling timbre or pitch throughout the system
- 2 gate/ pulse streams, useful for generating Timing Events within a patch or to Trigger an Function Generator such as MATHS
- Width: 34hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
£205.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- In-Store Availability
Out of Stock
Out of Stock
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- Extended seasonal exchange
Items bought 1st November 2017 to 24th December 2017 are eligible for our Extended Christmas Exchange and can be exchanged until Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.