Make Noise FXDf
6-Band Filter Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
With the Make Noise FXDF, you can split your audio into six bands for powerful sound design opportunities!
- Fixed filter module for Eurorack
- Simultaneous 6db/ Octave and 12db/ Octave inputs
- 6 filter bands spaced at 11 to 13 semitones and cover a range of 6 octaves
- Useful for isolating a particular portion of the spectrum for mixing and analog or digital signal processing
- Individual output for each filter band
- Expansion header for normalled connection of 6 FXDf outputs to 6 RxMx inputs allowing for voltage controlled, percussive spectral animation
- Width: 4 HP
- Current draw: 27mA@ +12V, 27mA @ -12V
The Make Noise FXDf is a 6 Band Fixed Filter. Traditionally fixed filters are large modules having 8 to 10 bands, each with a manual level control, but rarely any voltage control.
The FXDf is so small Make Noise had to abbreviate the words Fixed Filter to fit the name on the panel, and by providing individual outputs as well as a header for normalled connection to our RxMx 6 channel macro-lowpass-gate module, voltage control over level of each band is possible through patching.
In the past the Serge System Fixed Filter used 6db/ Octave filters while the Moog Modular used 12db/ Octave filters. Make Nioise liked the sound of both filter slopes, so they implemented a way to use either or both simultaneously. In this way the FXDf also allows for blending of two audio signals.
They selected 6 bands we found to produce the most sonic energy in typical Make Noise system patches and also took care to space them wide enough that each of the bands could be distinct from the others. This makes for quite an impactful sound when independently modulating the amplitudes of the 6 bands using the RxMx or VCAs.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Make Noise FXDf" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Dreadbox Murmux module takes the excellent filter section from the Dreadbox Murmux synthesiser
- Filter module derived from the Dreadbox Murmux synthesiser
- Selectable number of poles for low-pass filter
- Separate outputs for low pass and high pass
- Current draw: 35mA at +12V/30mA at -12V
- Size: 12HP
The TipTop Audio Z2040 is an analog filter based on the filter of the Sequential Circuits' Prophet 5 Rev2. Make everything sound Prophetic!
- Voltage controlled, 24dB/octave steep, 4-pole lowpass filter
- audio: input and output
- CV inputs for cutoff (FM), cutoff modulation depth (VC-FM), gain and resonance
- 3U Eurorack module
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 42mm
Crank up the resonance on the Doepfer A124SE Wasp Filter and you'll never create a boring patch ever again!
- Character filter with special edition black and yellow colour scheme
- 12db/oct multi-mode filter: low-pass, hi-pass and bandpass
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 45 mm
- Draw +30mA (+12V) / -10mA (-12V)
The XOAC Belgrad is a multimode filter eurorack module that shares a crucial quality with David Lynch: it does twin peaks.
- All analog, dual core filter design
- 10 distinct frequency responses
- Wide tuning range, approx. 4hz to 28kHz
- Low noise audio path
- Voltage controlover the resonance and peaks balance
- Nonlinear feedback and cross-modulation
- V/octave input
- Adjustable input overdrive
- 14hp, skiff friendly
- Current draw: +45mA / -42mA
With this one module, you can do, well, where to start, the possibilities with the 4ms SMR are endless!
- Multiband resonant filter
- Six filter channels, selected from twenty active filters displayed on the light ring
- Variable "Q" (Resonance) ranges from classic band-pass to ultra-resonant ringing
- Filter frequencies move about the scale using Rotation and Spread
- Rotation "spins" the frequencies around the scale
- Each bank has 11 scales of 20 frequencies/notes each
- User-programmable scales (select octave, chromatic note, and microtonal adjustments for each note in the scale)
- Scale banks for Western, Indian, Chromatic, Micro-tonal, Equal tempered, Just intonation tunings
- White noise is normalised to the inputs, so the SMR can be used without an external signal
- Stereo ins and outs stagger the bands into evens/odds for an immersive stereo field
£120.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.