Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Sontronics Delta is a ribbon microphone suitable for all instruments but ideal for guitar amps for both studio and live use.
- Response: 20Hz to 15kHz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa -45dB ±1dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1,000Hz)
- Polar pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Impedance: =150 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 14dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 135dB
- Power source: Phantom power 48V ±4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Supplied with Sontronics' unique, super-effective shockmount and housed in a rugged aluminium flightcase.
Following on from the worldwide success of their iconic SIGMA ribbon microphone, Sontronics soon received a lot of feedback from users who were loving its results on all kinds of instruments, especially guitar amps.
This led Sontronics founder and designer, Trevor Coley, to look at designing a ribbon mic specifically for use on amps and cabs that could be used both in the studio and live... and so Sontronics DELTA was born. Where SIGMA found its place in the heart of the studio and recording world, DELTA's incredible capability in miking guitar cabinets set it up to become a new standard in live sound recording.
Show it anything from subtle electro-acoustic finesse to shred-metal mayhem and DELTA takes whatever you throw at it, delivering a world-class reproduction every time.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Sontronics Delta" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
If you want those top-heavy sources to sit nicely in the mix, the Sontronics Sigma ribbon mic is what you want in front of them!
- Phantom-powered ribbon microphone
- Sensitivity: 18 mV / Pa
- Polar pattern: Figure of 8
- Impedance: <150 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 14 dB A weighted
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD at 1000 Hz): 125 dB
- +48V phantom power
- Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Diaphragm 2μ: aluminium ribbon
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-18KHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa -40 ± 1.5dB
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Impedance: ≤ 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 20dB(A weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 135dB
- Power Requirement: Phantom power 48V±4V
- Connector: 3-pin
Whether you want it for its useful figure-8 pattern, or gentle high-frequency response, every studio should have a ribbon, like the sE X1R.
- Studio ribbon microphone
- Element: 2 micrometer aluminium ribbon
- Frequency Response: 20-16K Hz ±1dB
- Sensitivity: -55.3dB 1V/Pa ±1dB
- Directional pattern: Figure of 8
- Max SPL: 135dB
£559.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.