Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A studio standard, the API 2500 VCA compressor is one of the finest things you can put across your bus!
- Two-channel VCA compressor
- Ideal for bus processing, including the master bus!
- Patented THRUST selectable high-pass filter before RMS detector
- Choice of feed-back or feed-forward modes
- Soft, medium or hard knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- Balanced side chain inputs
- Acclaimed API 2520 op-amp
The API 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor is THE go-to processor to alter the punch and tone of the stereo mix.
One of the most notable qualities of the API 2500 is its use of API's patented THRUST circuit for a chest-hitting, punchy bottom end. Another unique feature of the 2500 is its selectable "old" or "new" compression. The old style uses the "feed back" type of compression found in the API 525, while the new style uses a "feed forward" type in which the compressor side chain is fed directly from the unit input.
Additionally, the output stage of the API 2500 exhibits an auto-makeup gain button that permits the user to vary the threshold or ratio while automatically maintaining a constant output level and simplifying A/B comparison of processed and unprocessed sounds.
This video is dynamically generated from YouTube, so the views may not necessarily be those of Red Dog Music Limited.
The definition of modern classic doesn't get much more defined than the Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor, and this EL8XS gives you more!
- Stereo modern day classic compressor
- Frequency response is 2 Hz to 160 kHz in clean audio mode (+0, -3 dB) and is shaped in distortion modes
- Dynamic range 110 dB from max. output to min. output in 1:1 mode; greater than 100 dB signal to noise in distort 3 mode
- Distortion ranges between .02% and 20% depending on distortion mode and release times set on front panel
- Time constants - Attack range 50uS - 50mS; release range .05 sec to 3.5 seconds, normal modes and up to 20 seconds in 10:1 opto mode; time constants are dependant on ratio
- Brit mod installed for that famous 'all-buttons-in' sound!
Built with the same attention to detail, quality, sound and the features users want as all their products, the Dangerous Compressor is a beast.
- 2-channel compressor
- Stereo or dual mono operation
- Transparent compression, designed to be smooth with the minimum of artefacts
- VCA compressor design
- Choice of sidechain EQ curves
- Smart Dynamics circuit for more compression without pumping
- Auto release AND attack
- Built from the finest audiophile components
A twin topology opto-compressor for dynamic control as well as signal integrity.
- Switchable tube/solid-state circuitry
- Frequency response: +0 / -3 dB sub 2 Hz to beyond 100 kHz
- Noise: -87 dBu (SS), -82 dBu (VT)
- Attack/release: 2 ms to 100 ms/100 ms to 3.0 S (both continuously adjustable)
- Ratio range: minimum 1.4 : 1, maximum 30 : 1
- THD and noise: < .01 %, typ .003 % (VT or SS)
- Common mode rejection: > 50 dB, Typ > 70 dB
- Impedance: 25k Ohms in, 5 Ohms (SS) or <300 Ohms (VT) out
- Max output: > + 32 dBu
- 19" rackmountable (2U)
Super musical tube mono compressor based on the original 1956 Gates Sta-Level that dominated the sounds of the 60s!
- Max gain: 35dB (with standard input and output pads)
- Gain redux threshold: +24dBm to -20dBm (continuously adjustable)
- Distortion: <1% @ 0-30 dB gain redux
- Frequency response: ± .25dB from 20-20,000 Hz
- Noise: <-70dB or better
- Output level: -40 dBm to +18 dBm continuously adjustable
- Impedance (transformer balanced): 0-600 Ohms in, 600 Ohm out
- Tube complement: 2-6BJ6), 1-12AT7, 2-6V6GT, 1-6AL5, 1-OB2, 1-5Y3
- 19" rackmountable (3U)
Thermionic's most recent incarnation of the Phoenix (the SB) offers classic valve compression in easily controllable doses.
- All valve signal path and side chain, P2P hand-wired
- Balanced XLR I/O with custom made Sowter transformers
- Continuously variable attack, release and threshold controls
- Side chain filters to enable compression of all frequencies (except bass)
- Flat frequency response over full audio range and beyond
- Very low phase shift and harmonic distortion (unless pushed hard)
- Stereo link for mix-buss compression
- Bypass switch per channel
- Built-in standby mode to increase valve life expectancy
Get access to Thermionic Culture's super-natural channel strip sound with the HG15 Phoenix!
- Mono valve compressor
- Switchable +48v phantom power
- 7-way threshold control switch
- Solid state sidechain with bass cut
- Adjustable mid/high boost via presence/air switches
- 6AQ8EH input and 12AT7/ECC81 output valves
- Stereo linkable for bus applications
- Made by hand in England
- 19" rackmountable
£3109.00 inc VAT
Pre-order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.