SE Electronics RN17
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The product of yet another sE and Rupert Neve collaboration, the RN17 pencil mic is capable of yielding spectacular results.
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure condenser
- Directional pattern: Cardioid (included), omni, cardioid-cut, hypercardioid, or figure-8 (optional)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: -44.5±0.5dBV/ Pa(6mV/Pa)
- Rated impedance: 200 Ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kOhm
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR*: 23 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR* (rel. 94 dB SPL): 69 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%**: 150 dB
- 48v supply voltage, XLR connectors
With a 15mm diaphragm (the world's smallest production gold-sputtered diaphragm), the transient response of the RN17 is unparalleled. In addition, the unusually large full-scale transformer was custom-designed by Rupert Neve specifically for the RN17 - and nobody has been designing audio transformers longer (or better).
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "SE Electronics RN17" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Avantone CV12 is truly a gorgeous sounding microphone. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to fine studio-standard FET mics…but at a fraction of their cost!
- Type: Tube-type Condenser
- Polar Pattern: 9 patterns selectable at power supply
- Frequency Response: 25-20,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Output Impedance: <=250 Ohms / transformer isolated
- Maximum SPL : 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz) 146dB with pad engaged
- Equivalent noise level : <17dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dB. Sensitivity: -35dB
- Tube Type: 6072A
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave Switch
- Output Connector: Male XLR 7 pin w/ special power supply & cables. Included Accessories: Padded Wooden Box, Shockmount , Metal road case
The Lewitt LCT 550 sets new standards with ultra low self noise levels as well as being packed full of useful features to make the perfect studio microphone.
- Large diaphragm cardioid studio condenser microphone
- 0 dB (A) self-noise from electronics and circuitry
- Perfect Match technology meaning any two LCT 550's will form a matched pair
- Illuminated user interface for easy handling in dark environments
- On board Low-cut and attenuation, adapt to every situation
Get your microphone pointing exactly at the sweet spot with laser accuracy with the Aston Starlight stereo pair!
- Small diaphragm condenser microphone pair with laser targeting
- The addition of a Class 2 laser to the Starlight mic, with on/off switch, allows the user to recall mic positions in the studio so set up can be easily replicated
- The Starlight has 3 modes of operation, courtesy of some very fancy front-end filtering between the capsule and PCB. You can chose between Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings to get the perfect tone response for your application
- Starlight utilises a 1.5mm solid stainless steel chassis, tumbled for up to 4 hours to achieve Aston's signature finish
- Starlight employs an extremely fine-tuned discrete mic amp circuit with high-spec components, to achieve an extremely sensitive, low noise design with loads of headroom
- Transducer Type: Capacitor
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 10dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB A-Weighted
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 130dB/ 140dB/ 150dB
The Neumann TLM 102 in a black finish. The TLM 102 is a professional microphone which delivers beautiful vocal sound and shines just as much on instruments.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic (pressure gradient transducer)
- Compact, characteristic but smaller-scale Neumann design
- Very high maximum sound pressure level
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
Large diaphragm multi-pattern condenser microphone delivering the sonic character of the famous C12.
- Omnidirectional, wide-cardioid, cardiod, hyper-cardioid, figure-8 patterns
- Audio frequency bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 6 dB-A
- Signal to noise: 88 dB-A
- Preattenuation pad: -6, -12, -18 dB
- Bass cut filter: 160, 80, 40 Hz
- Electrical impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended load ompedance: 2200 Ohms
- Includes shockmount, popfilter, windsreen and aluminium case
Aston's mics have been making quite the splash lately. Try out the Aston Spirit and hear for yourself!
- Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Switchable (omni/cardioid/figure-of-eight)
- High-Pass Filter: Switchable, 80Hz
- Pad: Switchable, -10dB, -20dB
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Built-in pop filter
- Tough steel chassis
£599.99 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 3 year warranty
This product comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.