Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Put two channels of compression that won't sap your high-end in your rack with the Drawmer DL251 Spectral Compressor
- Two channel compressor
- The compressor section can be switched to provide either HARD or SOFT knee compression
- A variable Enhance control can be used to 'dynamically' boost any high frequency energy lost during the full band compression process and has sufficient range to add additional 'Spectral Energy' to the programme material for creative processing
- Comprehensive bar graph displays give 'at a glance' indications of gain reduction, and input/output signal level Gain reduction from 1 dB to -30dB is shown simultaneously with signal level from 20dB to + 15dB
- A front panel push button with LED status enables the monitoring of any external processing applied to the side chain access connections on the rear panel
- A fully balanced hard wire bypass connects the input directly to the output allowing signal to pass through the unit with no power applied
- Stereo linking functionality
- Balanced inputs and outputs on XLR connections
It is well known that compression, in its basic form, tends to remove high frequencies from any material with a wide bandwidth. This is because material usually has less energy at high frequencies than it does at low frequencies and since single band compressors are not frequency conscious, the 'highs' are attenuated together with the 'lows'. Using a slow attack time improves matters to some extent, but signals containing many harmonics (eg: vocals, strings and brass) or dynamic signals with a powerful 'leading edge' (eg: piano, kick and snare drum) tend to lose some clarity which often requires further audio processing. It is a fact that many engineers who would like to use a compressor in a particular application, avoid doing so because they feel that the 'sound loses something'.
The Drawmer DL251 'Spectral Compressor', incorporates a variable 'Dynamic Spectral Enhancement' (D.S.E.) section which eliminates the problems associated with full band compressors by restoring the high frequency energy lost during the full band compression process. This enhancement circuitry is extremely effective where compression and limiting are employed for broadcast transmission, or across complete mixes in a stereo mixdown situation. 'Dynamic Spectral Enhancement' has many creative applications when recording individual components at the multi-track stage, particularly on such programme as acoustic guitar, piano, brass and vocals.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Drawmer DL251" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
A reissue of the original unit made by John Cuniberti, the Radial Reamp JCR allows you to reamp your tracks without breaking the bank!
- Passive reamp box based on the original unit from 1994
- Allows re-recording tracks through a guitar or bass amp
- Plug and play easy to use passive design
- Improves productivity while expanding creative options
- Includes three position tone switch to compensate for impedence
- Mute switch
An essential tool for studios of all sizes, the Palmer DaCappo allows you to take previously recorded material and play it through your favourite amplifier.
- Input: XLR
- Output: 6.3mm jack
- Passive gain output knob,
- Ground lift switch
- Passive transformer for optimum signal integrity.
- Housed in super-tough steel enclosure
- Made in Germany
Make sure your DAW and your mixing-outboard receive the best signal possible - AD and DA convert with the RME ADi-8 DS mk3
- 8 channel AD/DA Converter
- AD converter: full symmetrical design, 119 dBA
- DA converter,: double balanced output, 120 dBA
- Low latency conversion: less than 12 samples delay
- 4 x AES/EBU I/O per D-sub, 8 channels @ 192 kHz
- 2 x ADAT I/O, 8 channels @ 96 kHz, 4 channels at 192 kHz
- Word clock input and output
- 2 x 8-channel level metering
- Comprehensive digital patch mode for full interconnectivity
What is the ADI-2 Pro? What isn't the ADI-2 Pro! Enjoy high end AD/DA conversion at it's finest with all the I/O you could possibly need.
- High-end AD/DA converter in professional studio quality
- Double headphone amplifier in true high-end quality
- USB DAC like no other - the most versatile and capable one
- High-end AD/DA frontend and headphone amp for iPad / iPhone
- Multi-format converter (AES, SPDIF, ADAT) with monitoring function
- DSD record and playback solution
- AD/DA frontend for audio measurement at up to 768 kHz sample rate
- 2 Channel Analog In / 4 Channel Analog Out
- XLR (Bal.) and TS (unbal.) outputs
- ADAT or SPDIF I/O optical
£714.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.