Akai EWI USB
USB Wind Controller
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
- Mouthpiece: air-pressure level sensor & bite sensor
- Note Keys: 13 touch sensors
- Octave Rollers: 2 mobile, 2 fixed touch sensors (5-octave range)
- Bend Plates: 2 touch sensors
- Ground Plates: 2 touch sensors
- Class-compliant, plug-and-play USB device
- Mac and PC compatible
EWI USB is an electronic wind instrument for musicians looking for an easy-to-play, easy-to-use controller. Akai Professional’s decades of experience in wind and electronic music instruments are rolled into the most user friendly — and most affordable — EWI ever.
Akai Professional is the first name in electronic wind instruments. For over 20 years, Akai Professional has studied the art of playing saxophone, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, and other traditional winds, and developed electronic wind instruments that enable wind players to enjoy the same expressive control as in an acoustic instrument. We designed EWI USB to give wind players the expressive musical capabilities previously found only in much more expensive instruments.
EWIs are the only choice for serious wind players looking to make music electronically. While EWI USB is easy and fun to use, it’s also powerful, flexible, and most importantly reliable enough for use on stage and in the studio by professional musicians.
EWI USB is the most flexible EWI because it harnesses your computer to generate its sounds. Its USB interface means that all you need is nearly any Mac or PC and the included EWI USB software, and you’re ready to practice, perform, create, and record with a full collection of wind instrument sounds. Aria Player software was produced specifically for use with EWI USB, providing wind players with an unprecedented level of expressive control.
LARGE SOUND PALETTE
You get over 75 different orchestral, concert band, jazz band, and synthesizer sound sets expertly recorded and programmed by Garritan, renowned for its ultra-realistic instrument sound libraries.
EWI USB offers multiple fingering modes including sax, traditional EWI, flute, oboe, and EVI (brass), so whether you’re just starting out as a woodwind student or an old pro wind player, you’ll find EWI USB easy to play. EWI USB is designed for you to spend your time playing music; not learning technology.
Historically, electronic wind instruments have fallen into two different categories: high-end, professional instruments and toys. EWI USB breaks the price barrier, bringing professional quality, expressive control, and a studio-ready sound library to a price the professional-wind-instrument world has never seen.
Discover the world of expression that only wind instruments can offer with EWI USB.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Akai EWI USB" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The evolution of the go-to Ableton Live controller, the Akai APC40 mk2 gives you the features you need for the studio or live performance!
- Seamlessly integrates with Ableton Live
- 5x8 RGB clip-launch matrix with comprehensive clip & scene control
- Illuminated RGB pads transmit clip status, clip type, and more
- 8 channel faders with reinforced travel lanes for precision adjustments
- Master fader provides total, global control over your performance
- 8 endless rotary device controls for adjusting virtual instruments or FX
- USB-powered and class compliant—no power adapter required
- SONiVOX Twist spectral morphing synthesiser included
- Hybrid 3 high-definition synth by AIR Music Tech included
- A/B crossfader can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
Sequencing, track building, clip-triggering, production and live performance - is the Maschine Jam the best groovebox ever?
- Computer-based music production system - dare we say groovebox?
- 8x8 multicolour click-pad matrix for pattern jamming, note input, and step-sequencing
- Play notes and shape sounds with Smart Strips for unique composition and design possibilities
- Unified hardware and software workflow heightens creativity and product performance
- Works seamlessly with any DAW, the MASCHINE and KOMPLETE product ranges, and NKS-ready plug-ins
- Included MASCHINE 2.5 software features cutting-edge Drum Synths and superior 9 GB sound library created by renowned sound designers and artists
- KOMPLETE 11 SELECT included – 11 premium instruments and effects, over 25 GB of sound
- Included stand can be mounted to the hardware for improved ergonomics
- Works as an advanced DAW controller with included mappings for Ableton Live and more
Whether for your DAW, or for your bespoke analogue modular, the Arturia Beatstep Pro gets you sequenced and controlled
- Studio and live sequencer
- Perfect for the DAW or the analogue synth
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- 16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences and a controller map
- Randomiser with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch sensitive knobs
- Connectivity: CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10 volt gates), 8 drum gate outputs, Clock sync with multiple standards, MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors, USB class compliant
With transport controls, faders, knobs and pads, the Akai MPD226 is your tool for creative and intuitive programming and DAW control!
- USB pad controller
- 16 Thick Fat RGB illuminated velocity and pressure sensitive MPC pads
- 64 assignable pads accessible via 4 banks
- 4 assignable faders, 4 assignable Q-Link knobs, 4 assignable Q-Link buttons
- 36 assignable controls accessible via 3 banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, 16 Level, Full Level and Tap Tempo
- 30 presets total, with configurations for most popular DAWs
- iOS compatible using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- MIDI In and Out jacks for controlling external gear
- Dedicated Transport controls
Just beat it! With the Korg PadKontrol-BK in black you have a powerful and feature rich MIDI controller giving you great feel & control!
- 16 velocity-sensitive Trigger pads with LED illumination
- X-Y pad
- Two assignable knobs
- Display: 7-segment, 3-digit LED
- Memory: 16 user scene memories
- Dimensions: 12.36” (W) x 9.21” (D) x 2.17” (H)
- Weight: 2.12 lbs.
Complete hands on control of your mixer and Ableton Live software. The Novation Launch Control XL MK2 controlller puts the power in your hands.
- Total integration with Ableton Live's mixer and devices
- 24 high-quality knobs with multi-colour indicators
- Combines with Launchpad to create the ultimate performance combo
- Eight 60mm faders for precision level adjustment
- Fully customisable with the included software editor
- Bus powered and no drivers needed
- 16 multi-colour buttons for immediate Track Focus and key mixer controls
- Make music out of the box with included Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection
£274.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.