ALM Busy Circuits SID Guts Deluxe
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Seeking those ultra-retro Commodore 64 sounds in your Eurorack setup? The ALM SID Guts Deluxe allows you to install a real vintage SID chip.
- SID chip voice with modular system flexibility
- 8 octave frequency control range
- Chord mode with inversion
- Size: 19 HP
- Depth: 32mm inc.power header
- Draw: ~50-200mA (with SID chip installed)
- Supply: +/- 12V
Please note the SID GUTS does not include a SID chip!
The MOS Technology 6581/8580 ‘Sound Interface Device’ chip, aka the ‘SID’, was the sound generator chip used in the Commodore 64 home computer – the greatest selling home computer of all time. The SID, by the means of 3 wavetable oscillators, a real analogue multi mode filter, an ADSR and various cross modulation options, provided the soundtrack to a generations gaming and perhaps many peoples first exposure to real sound synthesis. The SID’s unique musical aesthetic has lasted well beyond the lifetime of the C64 re-imagined in standalone products such as the SID Station and with in the computer via sophisticated software emulation.
The original SID GUTS took the legendary SID chip and tailored it into the eurorack modular environment. By use of a real SID chip the classic sound was taken in a new direction with the levels of direct and voltage control only a modular system can offer.
The ‘SID GUTS DELUXE’ improves upon the original SID GUTS ‘Eurorack SID Voice’ by adding both new features and further control.
The module now includes improved frequency control, a chord mode using all available oscillators and numerous other tweaks. The SID GUTS provides a single ‘SID Voice’ to your modular. The charm and authenticity of the original sound is preserved with no attempt to ‘clean’ or reduce noise in the SID audio output.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "ALM Busy Circuits SID Guts Deluxe" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Need some oddness? Get the Make Noise Wogglebug, which is a dual random voltage generator, dual VCO and ring mod with a 'woggle' CV out
- Complete Complex Random Voltage system, no external modules necessary
- Two VCOs, Phase Lock Loop, Lag Processor, Clock, Burst Generator and Sample & Hold
- Generates 7 Random Signals simultaneously: Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO, Ring Mod, Stepped, Smooth, Woggle, Burst
- Generates ultra stable, voltage controlled Master Clock
- External inputs for S&H (Heart IN) and Ring-Mod (Influence)
- Disturb button adds performance element
- Width: 10hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
A stupidly versatile module, the ALM Dinky's Taiko offers a vast range of sounds with plenty of CV controllability!
- Wide varied 12 Bit digital drum sound source through fully analog EQ
- Extremely wide pallet of sounds with lots of modulation possibilities
- Digital noise generator combined with variable wavetable (24 waveforms) oscillator through an EQ and mix output
- Trigger, accent and choke trigger inputs
- Reverse polarity protection
- Skiff friendly
- Designed and Made in the UK
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: approx 80- mA
The TipTop Audio Z3000 MKII is a Voltage Controlled Oscillator capable of not only that classic analog sound but complex FM too
- VCO with arithmetic processor
- Hard Sync Modulation input (HSM)
- 3 FM inputs, two exponential and a linear one
- CV inputs: 1V/oct, Hard Sync, Hard Sync Modulation, PWM, FM1, FM2, linear FM, waveshaper CV input
- audio input: external in (tuner input)
- oscillator outputs: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse
- Width: 14HP
- Depth: 2.6cm
With dual oscillators offering 4 waves each - and the ability to do interesting things with audio - give the Dreadbox Omikron a go!
- Dual VCO for Eurorack systems
- 2 oscillators with 4 waves each
- Pulse Width modulation input
- Audio can sync the VCO
- Audio In: works with any level of instrument and above
- Audio Out: Sends the Clean to Sub level at a max 5Vpp, depending on the setting
- Width: 22 HP
Add a bit of digital sampling to your analog modular system and world with the ADDAC 101 Wave Player, which offers a load of control
- Four variable settings, Loop Size, Initial Position, Sample Rate and VCA controlled either manually through the corresponding front panel knob or externally from a CV input.
- Two sound outputs: one pre-VCA (with a pre-volume knob) and one post-VCA (located in the VCA section).
- An Envelope Follower CV output.
- Loop Size - dynamically control the size of the loop, by trimming down the total duration to a smaller size.
- Initial Position - dynamically control the initial point of the loop, also allowing scrolling through the file duration.
- Sample Rate - dynamically change the sample rate resolution, altering the pitch of the playback.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier - analogue VCA to dynamically control the overall volume of the sound output.
- Envelope Follower - a CV output that changes according to the playback amplitude (post-VCA), with controls for level and decay. It also features a led monitor for easy visualization.
- Led monitors - visualize current state of Size, Position and Rate controls.
- Skip / Loop switch - set the Gate/Digital input to either a file access mode or re-trigger mode.
- Playback modes - set playback modes between Loop / One Shot | Forward / Random.
Need a multi-wave oscillator with an awesome range and great tracking? Can't go wrong with the Studio Electronic Modstar Oscillation Module
- Multi-wave analogue VCO
- Wide range of audio routing and modulation potential
- Runs at audio and LFO rates
- Pulse width modulation possible
- Oscillator sync possible
- Depth: 16HP
- Width: 39.7mm
- Requires: 44mA, 39mA (+12 / -12)
£250.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.