Modal Electronics 008
Polyphonic Analogue Synth
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The Modal 008 is an analogue polysynth. That's really all you need to know. Oh, and it's a beast of one. Over and out.
- 8 voice polyphonic synthesiser
- Two 100% analogue VCO’s per voice with two sub oscillators, providing sawtooth, triangle, square with PWM and noise
- Innovative and extremely flexible 15 multi-mode filter, consisting of traditional modes such as low-pass, band-pass and high-pass as well as more unusual notch, phase and combination modes
- Two LFO’s, both capable of reaching audio rates with multiple wave shapes and midi sync
- 11 modulation sources with unlimited destinations. Each destination can be set its own unique depth, a super smooth sample rate of 10kHz and all accessible from the front panel
- Built in 2 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with 16 dedicated step time editing knobs on the front panel and MIDI sync capabilities
- Two part multi-timbral (bi timbral) allowing splits across the keyboard or stacks to create amazingly complex sounds
- Superb UI featuring a very high quality 4.3″ screen with wide viewing angle
- Ultra fast (1ms) VCF and VCA envelope generators. VCF-EG is one of the 11 modulation sources that can be freely assigned to any parameter by it’s own unique amount
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
The Modal 008 is a simply awesome analogue polysynth.
If you like synths - analogue ones - you'll probably want a Modal 008.
I'm not really sure what else to say to be honest.
Ready to demo at Red Dog Music London.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Modal Electronics 008" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
It's the legendary SEM sound you love (X2) with the features you want in a modern synth: it's the Tom Oberheim Two Voice Pro
- Analogue synthesiser
- The famous 70s synth is back with the mod-cons you need
- The classic Oberheim sounds that made them legendary
- Mini sequencer with two synthesiser expander modules
- Mini-Sequencer is enhanced - you still generate a sequence with the knobs ( up to 16 positions ) but you can store sequences from the knobs into flash memory; syncs to MIDI clock
- Two sequences can be played simultaneously (or play one sequence while also playing on the keyboard, like the old one)
- Sequences can be chained into songs, and each step in a song can be programmed for sequence number, transpose amount and number of repeats
- Each module (both SEMs, Mini-Sequencer, Keyboard Control) has mini-jack patch points (56 patchpoints)
- Each synthesiser expander module features 2x VCO with sync, 1x VCF, 2x ADS envelope generators & 1x LFO.
When you commission companies to remake the original spec components, that's a proper reissue; the Moog Minimoog Model D is back.
- Reissue analogue synthesiser
- Actually, it's more than just a reissue, it's as if the original Minimoog went back into production...
- ... with a couple of extra features - such as MIDI - that bring the Moog Model D into the modern setup
- 3 oscillators plus white and pink noise generators
- External input
- And of course, THAT low-pass filter
- Simple, yet powerful mix of modifiers and controllers that let you focus on the sound...
- Just look at it...
- Truly an instrument that will inspire...
3x Osc, 2x LFO, 3x EG, 2x filter, effects, sequencer and that programming matrix, the Arturia MatrixBrute is simply a synth powerhouse...
- Analogue synth powerhouse!
- 2 Analogue Exponential VCO’s: Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer, Sub
- 1 Analogue Linear VCO/LFO: Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine waveforms; LFO time divisions; Key track
- Noise Generator: White ; Pink ; Red ; Blue noise types
- 5 input Audio Mixer with Filter routing
- Steiner Parker filter with 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Ladder filter with 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass
- 2 LFOs: Sine, Tri, Square, Ramp, Saw, Random, S&H
- 3 Envelope Generators: 2 Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- 1 Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- 64-step sequencer, effects and much more than we can list here!
The modern legend that is the Sub 37 gets a facelift, some sound engine tweaks - and CV/Gate outputs. Enjoy the Moog Subsequent 37 CV.
- Analogue synthesiser
- It's still a Moog Sub 37 - All the features and controls found on the Sub 37
- Evolved sound engine - Richer low end and greater sonic dimension
- Enhanced multidrive - Wider range and dirtier than ever before
- Room for two? Yes. More internal headroom means Duo mode sounds even better
- Analogue connectivity - Modular connectivity with 4x CV outs and 2X Gate outs
- 37 note keyboard - Lightweight with swift action and aftertouch
- Really quite loud headphone output - Cue up your next sound in the loudest of venues
- Limited edition - Only 200 units coming to the UK
The next generation of synthesis is here, and the Modal Electronics 001 brings you sounds and sequences you used to have to imagine!
- 2 voice duophonic and bi-timbral synthesiser
- Analogue / digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution, and very stable oscillators; over 50 different waveforms, ranging from classic analogue sounds to more unique digital shapes
- 24dB per octave four pole transistor ladder filter, with some very unusual morphing characteristics or ‘polesweeping’, enabling transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave, or anywhere in between
- Extensive modulation options
- 001 features a range of sequencing options – a built in 2 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with MIDI sync capabilities; sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- Highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes
- Modal Electronics Animator, which enables any control parameter on the 001 to be sequenced, enabling very complex filter transisitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to be sequenced
- Pure analogue signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion
- 4 CV inputs and 4 CV outputs
£4194.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.