Korg MicroKorg Platinum
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
15 years later this mini synth still remains close to so many hearts! Korg are celebrating with the new stylish MicroKorg Platinum.
- Powerful Synthesis
- Classic Vocoding
- Full Range of Effects
- Great Sound and Expression
- Flexible Arpeggiator
- Audio In
- Compact MIDI Controller
- Clear Control and Classic Looks
State-of-the-art analog modeling and multi-band vocoding are finally available in a compact, portable instrument. With 37 keys and 128 user-rewritable programs, the microKORG Synthesizer/Vocoder is perfect for the performer, producer, computer musician or beginner looking for an affordable synthesizer. The new microKORG delivers the quality sounds and features you expect from Korg at a price that will astound you.
The microKORG boasts the same dual-oscillator DSP synthesis engine found in Korg’s critically acclaimed MS2000 and offers a wider selection of waveforms than any other modeled synth. Oscillator 1 features a total of 71 waveforms . These include traditional analog waves like saw, pulse, sine and noise, plus more unique choices like Vox wave and cross wave. Together they provide a cool selection that can be modulated to produce an extensive range of timbres. In addition, 64 exclusive DWGS waveforms from Korg’s classic DW-8000 enable the microKORG to reproduce a broad collection of imitative sounds. Sounds like bells, electric pianos, guitars, basses and more that would be difficult reproduce on an analog synthesizer. You can also apply Ring and Sync modulation from Oscillator 2 to create the kind of complex timbres that are the true sign of an advanced synthesizer.
Four filter modes are available, offering -12 dB (2-pole) low pass, high pass and band pass configurations plus an extra steep -24 dB (4-pole) low pass setting. All include resonance. Two classic ADSR envelope generators and two MIDI-syncable LFOs provide the power to shape your sounds. Add a Virtual Patch matrix that lets you create advanced modulation settings – routing the Mod Wheel to control filter cutoff or pulse width, using an LFO to control panning or amp level, etc. – and you have performance that is unheard of from a synthesizer in this price range!
The microKORG includes an 8-band vocoder with many advanced features. You can capture and “freeze” the formants of your voice, and then play it across the keyboard, or shift the formant frequency to make your voice sound male, female, like a child or just plain wacky! Best of all, the microKORG comes with its own microphone so you can start having fun right away.
A Full Range of Effects
Three types of modulation effects (chorus/flanger, phaser, ensemble), three types of delay effects (stereo, cross, L/R), and a two-band equalizer add the finishing touch to the microKORG. The delays can be synchronized with the arpeggiator or to an external MIDI clock – a great feature for live performances or for laying down tracks. All effects can be edited to create your own, unique sounds.
Great Sound and Expression
Korg has used all of the microKorg’s synthesis power in the creation of 128 great-sounding presets. They cover a wide range of the latest musical styles plus many vintage favorites. Sixteen vocoder Programs are also included. The Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel and five other knobs provide flexible realtime control over filter cutoff, attack, release and other important parameters. The Edit Mode allows you to fully edit the existing sounds, or to create your own new ones.
Six types of arpeggio patterns (UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger) are built in, with control over tempo, gate time, swing, and up to a 4-octave range. You can turn individual steps on or off within a pattern, providing the feel and functionality of a step sequencer.
Two external audio input jacks are provided, so you can run other instruments, CDs and more through the microKORG’s filter and effects, allowing you to process sounds in truly creative ways.
A Compact MIDI Controller
The microKORG’s compact size is perfect for the musician or DJ looking to add a synth to his or her setup when space is tight. It’s also a great choice for use in a computer-based music setup. The five realtime knobs on the front panel can transmit MIDI messages (control changes), so they can be used as controllers for software synthesizers. Use the 37-note velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard for controlling other gear or for recording and editing with your sequencer. And thanks to battery-power, the microKORG is the ultimate portable controller when used with a laptop computer!
Clear Control and Classic Looks
There’s no complex menu structure – all parameters are located on the panel for easy access to any function. A large dial and LED illuminated buttons provide easy program selection even on a dark stage. With its beige-gold body, wooden side panels and retro-influenced design, the microKORG has a look that’s both vintage and funky.
With the Roland SH-01A, the classic synth makes a new and improved return, with all the classic sounds you love, plus plenty extra...
- Sounds of the classic SH-101 synthesiser via ACB tech, including bass, lead, noise, and sound effects
- New Unison, Chord, and four-voice Polyphonic modes expand on the original’s
- iconic sound palette
- Built-in sequencer with 64 patterns available to save and recall
- Easy performance arpeggiator with three playback modes, note hold, and three-way transpose switch
- CV/Gate output for controlling modular or vintage gear
- Multiple sync options including internal and external MIDI, MIDI via USB, LFO clock, and trigger input
- 64 writeable preset patches for increased performance capabilities
- Selectable advanced LFO with new waveforms and extended range of clock rate
The iconic TB-303 bass line synth sound in the palm of your hand with the Roland TB03
- Realistic recreation of the iconic TB-303 Bass Line synth
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TB-303
- Hands-on control over expressive parameters, including cutoff, resonance, envelope mod, decay, and accent
- New features not found on the original TB-303, including four-digit LED display, overdrive and delay effects, MIDI, fine tempo control, and additional functions for pattern creation
- Programmable via classic Pitch, Time, and Step write modes
- Continue playing a sequence even while switching between write and play modes
- CV/Gate outputs for controlling vintage analogue gear and modular synthesisers
- Dedicated trigger input to drive the internal sequencer
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- 24 bit/96 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
The Novation MiniNova offers a huge range of classic and new synth sounds, a vocoder, and full software control capabilities out of a compact, portable keyboard design.
- Hugely powerful mini-synth with UltraNova’s sound engine
- Brand new VocalTune and classic vocoder effects
- Tweak and warp your sounds in realtime
- 256 awesome onboard sounds - instantly searchable
- Layer up to 5 effects per voice
- Comes with editing software and a software patch librarian
- Run guitars and other instruments though the vocoder and effects
- 37 key controller keyboard with MIDI I/O
The 1990 classic! This Korg WS-1 Wavestation is a real deal vintage synth!
- Korg's first synth to feature vector synthesis and wave sequencing!
- 61-keys with velocity and aftertouch
- 32-voice polyphony
All of the goodness and space-age control of the original theremin, but with the ease of playing in tune! It's the Moog Theremini!
- Re-imagining of the theremin
- Controllable assistive pitch quantisation makes it impossible to play a wrong note
- Sound engine derived from the Animoog
- Store and recall 32 wave and wavetable-based patches, scale and root note settings
- Compact speaker onboard
- Headphone jack
- Two line level outputs
- Pitch CV output
- USB connectivity
FM synthesis is back and more accessible than ever! Put it at your fingertips with the Yamaha reface DX!
- Mini FM synthesiser
- Nothing mini about the sound!
- 4-operator FM Sound Engine offers dynamic and expressive additive synthesis
- A new feature of this engine is continuously variable feedback on every operator allowing for a wide-range of sound creation
- Two programmable effects blocks with seven effect types per block
- Multi-touch control interface gives direct access to four simultaneous parameters
- 32 Voice memory locations allow storing and recalling favorite Voices
- Integrated Phrase Looper: capture song ideas or just jam
- Sustain pedal input allows the sustain function for all FM generated sounds
- 2W 3cm stereo speaker system lets you play any place, any time
- Specially designed bass reflex port technology enhances bass response for full, rich sound
- USB "TO HOST" allows MIDI connectivity to your USB-equipped computer or iOS device
£329.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.