Novation Bass Station II
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
The renowned Novation BassStation analogue monosynth reworked for the 21st century, with all the thick sounds you loved and want back
- Analogue monosynth: brand new version of the classic BassStation
- Two distinct analogue filters: a brand new ‘Acid’ filter joins the ‘Classic’original BassStation filter
- Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters
- Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
- Keyboard with full-sized keys and aftertouch
The Novation Bass Station II is an analogue mono synth with a talent for bass, but a sound-engine that is versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. It brings the best elements of the original BassStation into a brand new design with re-worked modulation, effects, filters and more; like the BassStation, but much, much bigger.
The signal path is pure analogue - including the effects section. The hardware has been laid out in modules with dedicated pots, switches, sliders and buttons for all major parameters. Critically, you can store and recall patches on Bass Station II. It comes with 64 killer factory presets, space for 64 of your own sounds on the hardware, and you can store more on your computer.
The key-mechanism consists of 25 full-sized keys that are velocity sensitive with assignable aftertouch. It has been developed as a ‘synth-action’ keyboard, where each key is individually sprung so it is light to the touch and highly responsive to the synth engine. Bass Station II is a fully class compliant MIDI device with MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports – for connecting to other MIDI outboard – and your computer over USB.
The Bass Station II Synth Engine: A Brief Overview
Oscillators: Bass Station II is built on three analogue oscillators and a noise generator. There are two fully independent oscillators plus a sub oscillator (which is the critical component in creating rich, analogue bass sounds). Oscillators One and Two are switchable between sine, sawtooth, square and variable pulse width, and Oscillator Three - the sub osc - can be set to one or two octaves below Oscillator One. It can be square, sine or narrow pulse width, delivering the characteristically ‘fat’ bass tone.
Filters: You can select between two discrete filters - ‘Acid’ or ‘Classic’ - each with a built in overdrive for pushing filter tones from dry, to warm, to nasty! The ‘Classic’ BassStation filter can be switched between low pass, high pass and band pass at 12 or 24dB slopes. The ‘Acid’ filter is based on a diode ladder filter design that delivers a characteristically 303-esque sound that is designed to squelch!
Effects: Bass Station II has two effects (not including the filter overdrive). Analogue distortion drives circuit components to add new frequencies to the sound. Bass Station II’s Distortion function can add gentle warmth, filthy granularity and anything in between. The second effect is ‘Osc Filter Mod’ which creates a distinctive FM-type sound by using Oscillator Two to modulate the filter frequency. This is very good at crunchy, sound-mulching effects that substantially fatten up bass and lead patches.
Modulation: There are two envelope generators and two low frequency oscillators (LFOs). The first envelope is an ADSR amp envelope and the second is a mod envelope that can be used to modulate filter frequency, oscillator pitch and osc pulse width. LFO One is dedicated to pitch modulation whereas LFO Two is used to modulate osc pulse width and filter frequency. Although it looks like there are four LFO waveforms, the ‘LFO Slew’ function can be used freely to sculpt LFOs into smoother wave-shapes.
Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer: Bass Station II’s Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer are killer performance and production tools. The Arp can be directed to run through 32 different rhythmic patterns in different directions with a switchable octave range. You can also engage the Step Sequencer. Up to four sequences can be played in – with legato and rests – and played back using any one of the 32 rhythmic patterns. As well as getting ideas down quickly and programming performance sequences, this is a brilliant way to preview patches whilst you are editing your Bass Station II Analogue Mono Synthesizer.
A powerful little analogue synth, do yourself a favour and put the Vermona Mono Lancet on your desktop!
- Analogue synthesiser module
- 2 VCOs
- 24 dB/Oct low-pass filter
- Envelope generator
The Moog Minitaur takes Moog's legendary analog circuitry to a new, lower price point, allowing anyone to add the fattest of fat bass to their sonic arsenal.
- Compact rugged steel chassis
- One knob per function interface
- Two ultra stable oscillators with Sawtooth and Square waveshapes
- Classic Moog ladder filter
- Two Minimoog-style ADSR Envelope generators with Release On/Off switch
- 1 MIDI-syncable triangle wave LFO for modulating VCF/VCOs
- DIN MIDI In and MIDI over USB
- CV inputs for pitch, filter, volume and gate
- External Audio input
- Headphone output with 1/8" connection
Roland's first analogue synth since the '80s, the Roland JDXi is an affordable mini masterpiece merging analogue and digital synthesis.
- Interactive crossover synthesizer with analog and digital sound engines
- Analogue synth section provides authentic lead and bass tones
- Two digital synth sections with SuperNATURAL synth tones and 128-voice total polyphony
- Four-track pattern sequencer and high-quality rhythm sounds
- Included gooseneck mic for use with built-in Vocoder and AutoPitch
- Process sounds with four simultaneous effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for audio/MIDI communication with computer music software
- Includes a large selection of ready-to-play sounds and patterns
- Additional sounds and patterns available for download at Roland’s Axial sound library site
So much more than just a simple monosynth, the Korg Monologue is the new beating analogue heart of your studio's synthesis engine...
- Analogue monosynth
- 2x VCO into filter with envelope generator and LFO
- 25-note keyboard
- 100 memory slots with 80- presets
- OLED oscilloscope to visualise your synthesised waveform
- Onboard 16-step sequencer
- Microtuning lets you freely create scales and alternate tonalities
- Battery-powered for portability - batteries included, but a power supply is not - you can <a href="http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/catalog/product/710204/korg-ka350-psu" target=blank>order the Korg KA350 PSU here</a>
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with minilogue, SQ1, volca, electribe, and more
- Just hugely awesome. Plain and simple
A standalone East meets West Coast synthesis voice, that can also play with your modular? Sign us up for the incredible Make Noise 0-Coast!
- Desktop patchable monophonic synth module
- Single triangle core analogue oscillator with triangle and square wave outputs
- Overtone generator with control voltage input and attenuator
- Overtone multiplier circuit with control voltage input and attenuverter
- Clock generator with tap tempo and random voltage generator
- Slope generator section - similar to single channel of Maths module
- Balance circuit to crossfade between pure fundamental from the oscillator output and overtones for similar sounds to adjusting a low-pass filter cutoff
- Dynamics circuit driven by four stage envelope generator
- Voltage control utility section
- MIDI in on minijack
Following the Minibrute, the Arturia Microbrute puts that massive analogue sound in your studio at an incredible price!
- Analogue monosynth
- 100% analogue audio signal path
- Steiner-Parker multimode filter (LP, BP, HP)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillator with new overtone sub-osc
- 'Brute Factor' delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- CV input and output and patchable routing matrix
- MIDI input with 5-Pin DIN connector
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4” Audio Output and 1/8” Headphone Output
- Step Sequencer
£379.00 inc VAT
Out of Stock
Out of Stock
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.