Rothwell Atomic Booster
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
- Designed and hand-made in the UK
- Transparent, clean sound
- Boosts the overall level to drive vintage amps harder
- Bosts by as much as 20dB
- Adds no noise to the signal and does not alter the tone of your guitar
- Features true bypass switching
_Super-transparent and noise free. Ace! _ - Guitar & Bass Magazine November 2007
The Atomic Booster is a high quality guitar effects pedal, designed and hand made in the UK to give guitarists a transparent, clean booster pedal which can boost the overall level and the treble from electric guitars to drive vintage and vintage style amps harder or to give a volume boost for solos.
The overall volume can be boosted by as much as 20dB whilst the precision amplifier circuit adds no noise to the signal or alters the tone of your guitar. The treble boost facility of the Atomic Booster can add a glassy sheen to your guitar tone or give neck humbuckers more of a cutting edge or can be used to give distorted rhythm sounds a tight, well controlled bass with biting top end.
This pedal is a truly hand made, boutique effect, built to the highest standards and features true bypass switching. This leaves the guitar completely isolated from the booster circuit when the unit is bypassed so that your raw guitar tone is not affected in any way.
When using vintage amps or vintage style, low gain amps, driving the amp hard enough to get a good rock sound can be a problem, particularly with low output single coil pickups. One of the reasons why the Gibson Les Paul came back into fashion in such a big way in the late 60's and early 70's is because their pickups had a higher output than Strats and Teles and could drive the amps of the day into more distortion. Some players used a booster of some description to get more drive from their pickups. The Atomic Booster will help you to get a classic rock tone from simple, vintage style amps in the same way as the pioneers of the genre got theirs - by playing it louder.
However, unlike many 70’s boosters (and modern clones and repros) the Atomic Booster is a low noise pedal, built to a very high standard and has modern benefits such as a DC power socket (for use with external power supplies such as the Stompjuice), true bypass switching and high input
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Rothwell Atomic Booster" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Not enough space on your pedal board for a volume pedal? No excuses with the Boss FV30H
- Space-saving volume pedals with rugged aluminum die-cast body designs
- Silky feel with smooth pivot for maximum control
- Tuner out jack (FV-30H)
- FV-30H for direct connection to high-impedance gear like electric guitars
- Width: 80 mm
- Depth: 192 mm
- Height: 58 mm
- Weight: 840 g
- Compact compression / sustainer pedal with high-quality circuitry
- Compresses loud signals and boosts softer signals for a smooth overall sound
- Onboard Level, Tone, Attack and Sustain controls for precise tonal shaping
- Low-noise design for super-quiet operation
- BOSS 5-year warranty
One of the best selling pedals of all time! Give your solos a boost, kick your amp up a notch or match the output of different guitars!
- Adds a preset amount of gain with a single control.
- Boost your signal for lead work.
- Perfect for switching between guitars with unmatched output.
- Weight: 0.9 lbs
It might not be an obvious effect, but don't underestimate the effect a compressor can have on your sound; try the CKK Gears and see...
- Compressor pedal
- Based on the classic Ross compressor
- Sustain knob dials in the compressor
- Mix knob lets you blend it in to taste
- Attack knob lets you keep or tame those transient note attacks
- Level knob gives you control over the output
- Three-way toggle 'Voice' switch gives you a choice of tonal characters
- Special 2-in/2-out design enables direct control of stereo keyboards and stereo effects units
- Minimum Volume knob lets you set minimum volume at any level you desire
- Convenient Tuner Out jack enables speedy tuning on stage
The MXR M291 Dyna Comp Mini will open up a whole new world of tone for your performance, better yet it will do it in a super compact way.
- Half the size of the original
- Combines classic tone and modern convenience
- Attack switch to toggle fast and slow attack times
£89.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.