Strymon OB1 B-Stock
Compressor and Boost Pedal
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
This is a B-Stock item. Please note that B-Stock items are either ex display, ex repair, or have previously been returned by another customer. However, they all come with a 1-Year Warranty and a 14-day Money-Back Guarantee. B-Stock items may not include all original accessories and packaging. The image shown is a stock image of a new product and may not represent the condition of the B-Stock item. If you would like more information on the exact condition of any B-Stock item, please click here or call us on 0131 229 8211.
Rediscover what a boost pedal can be with the incredible Strymon OB.1 - the new front end to unlock even more of your favourite amp
- Compressor and booster pedal
- Your new perfect front end for your amp
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Greater than 20 dB of gain compensated compression
- Additional 10 dB of full frequency, mid, or treble boost with Clean Boost engaged
- Treble Boost Frequency: Shelf at about 1.5 kHz or 2 kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- Mid Boost Frequency: Peak around 800 Hz or 1.1 kHz switchable with internal DIP switches
- "The Strymon OB.1 can definitely enhance your guitar tone. You can also save some room on your pedalboard since the OB.1 is a compressor, clean boost and treble boost all in one package" Premier Guitar
The Strymon OB.1 combines studio quality, beautifully transparent analogue optical compression with a Clean Boost with EQ curves designed to super-charge your favourite amp and reveal its true character.
Featuring an all-analogue signal path with premium components throughout, a high-impedance input, and very low noise circuitry, the Strymon OB.1 is perfect for the number one spot in your signal chain. It’s the missing piece you’ve been searching for.
There is a monster trapped inside your low or medium gain amp, and the Strymon OB.1 can set it free. Bring out your amp’s character in ways you never thought possible. Hear things you never knew your amp could do.
The Strymon OB.1 provides greater than 20dB of gain-compensated compression, and with the integrated Clean Boost, an extra 10dB of full-frequency, mid or treble boost is available. Use the mid or treble boost together with a bit of transparent compression, and your amp will sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
The first stage of a high gain amplifier channel doesn’t just boost gain, it also boosts high-end in such a way so that the distorted signal can cut through without getting bogged down by too much low-end. When you use OB.1 first in your signal chain and engage the mid or treble boost, that’s exactly what you’re achieving. Even if you’ve tried boost pedals before, you’ll be surprised by the transformation of your tone. Try the treble boost with humbuckers for biting solos or the mid boost to fatten up single coil pickups. There is also a flat setting for full-frequency Clean Boost.
Arpeggios, sweep-picking, hammer-ons, and other blazing techniques benefit when each note is played at a consistent level. OB.1’s optical compression preserves your attacks while smoothing out the overall signal, bringing out the softer notes. You can also enjoy the sustain of high gain without too much of the fizzy stuff. And the Strymon OB.1’s extremely quiet analogue signal path with its high-quality, low noise op amp and high-impedance input is perfect in front of your high-gain setup.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Strymon OB1 B-Stock" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
It's a Dyna Comp, but better. Get the CSP102SL MXR Dyna Comp Script on your board and get the sound right at source!
- Compressor pedal
- Classic sound with modern upgrades
- Quieter operation, greater transparency, and increased dynamic range
- Output and sensitivity controls
- Bypass status LED and AC power jack
The MXR M291 Dyna Comp Mini will open up a whole new world of tone for your performance, better yet it will do it in a super compact way.
- Half the size of the original
- Combines classic tone and modern convenience
- Attack switch to toggle fast and slow attack times
One of the best selling pedals of all time! Give your solos a boost, kick your amp up a notch or match the output of different guitars!
- Adds a preset amount of gain with a single control.
- Boost your signal for lead work.
- Perfect for switching between guitars with unmatched output.
- Weight: 0.9 lbs
Not enough space on your pedal board for a volume pedal? No excuses with the Boss FV30H
- Space-saving volume pedals with rugged aluminum die-cast body designs
- Silky feel with smooth pivot for maximum control
- Tuner out jack (FV-30H)
- FV-30H for direct connection to high-impedance gear like electric guitars
- Width: 80 mm
- Depth: 192 mm
- Height: 58 mm
- Weight: 840 g
- Compact compression / sustainer pedal with high-quality circuitry
- Compresses loud signals and boosts softer signals for a smooth overall sound
- Onboard Level, Tone, Attack and Sustain controls for precise tonal shaping
- Low-noise design for super-quiet operation
- BOSS 5-year warranty
It might not be an obvious effect, but don't underestimate the effect a compressor can have on your sound; try the CKK Gears and see...
- Compressor pedal
- Based on the classic Ross compressor
- Sustain knob dials in the compressor
- Mix knob lets you blend it in to taste
- Attack knob lets you keep or tame those transient note attacks
- Level knob gives you control over the output
- Three-way toggle 'Voice' switch gives you a choice of tonal characters
£169.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.