Focusrite Red 1
£799.00 inc VAT
12 Months 0% finance available
for only £66.58 per month
To help make purchases as easy as possible, Red Dog Music offers a range of great finance packages.
12 months interest-free finance is available on all orders above £200, and selected products are eligible for 18, 24 and 36 month interest-bearing terms.
In order to be eligible for finance, you need to be a UK resident, registered on the electoral role, and in full-time employment.
If you would like to apply for finance, please call either Edinburgh on 0131 229 8211 or London on 0207 622 7912.
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £20 is FREE. For all other items, shipping is currently £5 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 working day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.
With the same circuit topology and components as the original design, the Focusrite Red 1 500-series preamp sounds just as impressive
- 500-series Microphone Preamp Module
- Same circuit topology and components as the original red
- Custom Carnhill output transformer
- Traditional wide bandwidth of the original Red series
- The Red 1 500 is suitable for almost any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser
Featuring the same components and circuit topology as the original transformer-based mic pre designs, the Focusrite Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre offers the same performance as the original Red microphone preamplifier in a 500 Series, or “Lunchbox” module.
The unique Focusrite mic amp topology of the Red 1 500 module provides superb common mode rejection, excellent overload margin and, with its shared gain structure, (14dB from the transformer and up to 46dB from the amplifier) a very low noise floor, combined with the traditional wide bandwidth of the original Red series (10Hz to 140kHz).
This impressive level of performance is maintained over a wide range of impedances applied to the input, making the Focusrite Red 1 500 module suitable for almost any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Focusrite Red 1" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Rupert Neve Designs 517 is the perfect preamp for your 500-series rack, but even more than perfect for recording electric bass...
- 500-series preamp, DI and compressor with silk circuit
- Microphone input with phantom power and polarity inversion
- Instrument input with passive 'thru' output
- 66 dB of gain
- Optical compressor with set 2:1 ratio
- Silk circuit
- Variphase phase rotation control
- Mic/instrument blend control
For that warm and musically round sound of tape, you can't go wrong with the Neve 542 in your lunchbox
- 500-series tape emulation module
- Input trim knob to control your gain staging
- Saturation control
- Blend control to dial in just the right amount of effect
- Select between 15 ips and 30 ips tape speed emulation
- Red and blue silk circuitry with texture control
Put that classic sound and heritage in your lunchbox and tame those dynamics with the Rupert Neve 543 mono compressor
- 500-series mono compressor
- Switchable side-chain filter
- Switch between feedback and feed-forward topologies
- Switch between peak and RMS compression
The B1 not only gets the best out of any microphone, whether it be dynamic, condenser or ribbon, but also offers a direct inject for instruments.
- Burl custom made BX3 input transformer and BX2 nickel output transformer
- Discrete Class-A and capacitor-free circuit path
- Stepped gain control and independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- Impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- Phantom power and phase reversal switches
Solid State Logic's consoles have been used to mix countless hit records, put some of that eq in your 500 rack with the SSL XR611 module
- Immortal SSL 4000 E Series circuitry in convenient 500-series format
- "Black-242" and "Brown-02" twin EQ design
- Versatile 4 band channel EQ
- Bell curve option on HF and LF
- Fully parametric LMF and HMF with Q
- Based on classic 611E console channel strip
So many classic performances were recorded with Neve preamps; get that classic sound in your studio with the Rupert Neve designs 511 preamp
- 500-series mic preamp with silk
- 72 dB of preamp gain
- +48V phantom power for condensor microphones
- Polarity invert button
- Sweepable high-pass filter
- Silk control