Focusrite Red 1
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
With the same circuit topology and components as the original design, the Focusrite Red 1 500-series preamp sounds just as impressive
- 500-series Microphone Preamp Module
- Same circuit topology and components as the original red
- Custom Carnhill output transformer
- Traditional wide bandwidth of the original Red series
- The Red 1 500 is suitable for almost any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser
Featuring the same components and circuit topology as the original transformer-based mic pre designs, the Focusrite Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre offers the same performance as the original Red microphone preamplifier in a 500 Series, or “Lunchbox” module.
The unique Focusrite mic amp topology of the Red 1 500 module provides superb common mode rejection, excellent overload margin and, with its shared gain structure, (14dB from the transformer and up to 46dB from the amplifier) a very low noise floor, combined with the traditional wide bandwidth of the original Red series (10Hz to 140kHz).
This impressive level of performance is maintained over a wide range of impedances applied to the input, making the Focusrite Red 1 500 module suitable for almost any microphone – ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Focusrite Red 1" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
A great choice for your growing collection of modules, the Lindell 510 mkII gives you 10 slots of clean power for your processing
- Chassis for 500 series modules
- 10-slot capacity
- Capable of 500mA per slot
- Lightweight aluminium enclosure
- Built-in overload protection
- Gold-plated XLR connectors
- On-board 48v phantom power
- No-noise power supply
- Removable rackears for desktop use
Turn your pristine audio into something straight from the arcade: put a Meris Ottobit in your lunchbox!
- Sample rate reducer and bitcrusher 500 series module
- Pitch Track Enabled Ring Modulator
- Tap Tempo controlled Triggered Envelopes & LFO Modifiers
- Selectable LFO and Ring Mod Waveshapes
- Blendable Ring Mod AM/FM Modulation
- Premium analogue signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
Millennia Media's authentically transparent microphone and instrument preamp for the 500-series format.
- Frequency response: < 10 Hz to > 200 kHz
- Max gain: 60 dB (70 dB in Ribbon Mode)
- THD: < .003%, Typical < .001%
- Noise: -130 dB EIN
- Impedance: 2210 ohms in, 24.3 Ohms (x2) out
- Max output: 1 kHz @ 35dB of gain
- THD: < 0.001% at +26dBu output
- Designed for 500-series lunchbox and rack chassis
Put the sound and control of their acclaimed BC1-S in your 500 series rack with the TK Audio BC501 stereo compressor
- 500 series stereo buss compressor
- Ratio 1:25, 1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 10:1
- Attack 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1, 3, 6, 10, 30, 60, 120mS
- Release 50, 100, 300, 600mS, 1.2S and Auto (50mS/2S)
- HPF 80Hz, 150Hz and 220Hz (6dB/oct)
- External sidechain input via a stereo 3.5mm TRS
- THD circuit that adds even harmonics
- Blend control from dry to wet in 21 steps
- Threshold and Make-up in 41 steps
- Detented controls for easy recall
The Rupert Neve Designs 517 is the perfect preamp for your 500-series rack, but even more than perfect for recording electric bass...
- 500-series preamp, DI and compressor with silk circuit
- Microphone input with phantom power and polarity inversion
- Instrument input with passive 'thru' output
- 66 dB of gain
- Optical compressor with set 2:1 ratio
- Silk circuit
- Variphase phase rotation control
- Mic/instrument blend control
A great choice for your 500 series rack, put the classic Pultec sound in your studio with the Lindell PEX-500VIN eq module
- Pultec-style eq for 500 series racks
- Designed for and compatible with all 500 series racks and lunchboxes
- Built around the OPA1731 opamp
- Transformer coupled balanced inputs
- Transformer coupled balanced outputs
- 3-step switched low/high frequency boost
- 3-step switched HF attenuation
- True bypass hardware for ease of A/B comparison
- All-discrete design for optimum signal flow
£669.99 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.