Doepfer A-118 Noise Generator
Eurorack Noise Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Noise is such a useful tool in synthesis, get white, red and blue - as well as random voltages - in your modular with the Doepfer A-118
- Eurorack noise generator
- White noise output
- Coloured noise output with control over red and blue noise amounts
- Random voltage output with controls for rate and level
- Width: 8HP
- Current draw: 20 mA
The Doepfer A-118 is (as you might have guessed) a noise and random voltage generator. It produces three types of signal: white noise, colored noise, and random voltage.
White and colored noise can be used as audio sources, and also, in conjunction with a sample & hold module, as control voltages, and the random voltage is a useful source of voltage control, especially for its low frequency content.
The A-118 gives you the ability to mix the relative amounts of Red (low frequency component) and Blue noise (high frequency component) in the colored noise output.
There are knobs to control the rate of change and amplitude of the random voltage, and two LEDs indicate the state of the voltage at any one time.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Doepfer A-118 Noise Generator" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Put some sonic building blocks in your modular with the Dreadbox White Line Oscillator module
- Oscillator module for Eurorack
- Standard Dreadbox oscillator
- Saw core based
- 3 individual wave outputs
- Tuned at 1V/oct
- Hard sync input
- Wide frequency range( 0.15Hz – 5KHz without CV)
- Width: 10 HP
- Current draw: 25mA (at +12V) / 20mA (at -12V)
The TipTop Audio CP909 recreates the TR-909 clap sound and also adds an extra knob to "trash" the frequency of the internal noise generator
- Faithful recreation of the classic TR-909 clap sound
- High-powered output gain stage
- Pulse-shaper circuit
- "Trash" knob
- Depth: 4HP
- Width: 1.4"
Add a bit of digital sampling to your analog modular system and world with the ADDAC 101 Wave Player, which offers a load of control
- Four variable settings, Loop Size, Initial Position, Sample Rate and VCA controlled either manually through the corresponding front panel knob or externally from a CV input.
- Two sound outputs: one pre-VCA (with a pre-volume knob) and one post-VCA (located in the VCA section).
- An Envelope Follower CV output.
- Loop Size - dynamically control the size of the loop, by trimming down the total duration to a smaller size.
- Initial Position - dynamically control the initial point of the loop, also allowing scrolling through the file duration.
- Sample Rate - dynamically change the sample rate resolution, altering the pitch of the playback.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier - analogue VCA to dynamically control the overall volume of the sound output.
- Envelope Follower - a CV output that changes according to the playback amplitude (post-VCA), with controls for level and decay. It also features a led monitor for easy visualization.
- Led monitors - visualize current state of Size, Position and Rate controls.
- Skip / Loop switch - set the Gate/Digital input to either a file access mode or re-trigger mode.
- Playback modes - set playback modes between Loop / One Shot | Forward / Random.
A stupidly versatile module, the ALM Dinky's Taiko offers a vast range of sounds with plenty of CV controllability!
- Wide varied 12 Bit digital drum sound source through fully analog EQ
- Extremely wide pallet of sounds with lots of modulation possibilities
- Digital noise generator combined with variable wavetable (24 waveforms) oscillator through an EQ and mix output
- Trigger, accent and choke trigger inputs
- Reverse polarity protection
- Skiff friendly
- Designed and Made in the UK
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: approx 80- mA
Not sure what sound sources you want in your modular system? With Mutable Instruments Braids, you can have them all, and more...
- Sound source module for Eurorack
- An oscillator? Well, it's a bit more than that...
- Analogue synthesis, digital synthesis, vocal synthesis, FM, simulations, wavetables and noise...
- Adjustable bit-depth / sample-rate for a grainy or low-fi output
- Built-in AD envelope with 6 preset shapes to modulate timbre at the reception of a trigger
- Auto-gate feature automatically resetting the oscillator phase (or triggering the internal AD envelope) whenever a large change in pitch CV is detected
- Auto-calibrate feature digitally scaling the 1 V/Oct CV input to compensate for inaccuracies in CV converters… or to be used creatively to achieve other tunings than 1 V/Oct
- V and/or Gate controlled scrolling message with text editor
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 15mA ; -12V: 15mA ; +5V: 85mA
Roland is back in the modular game! With the Roland 512 Dual VCO, you can put those classic Roland modular sounds in your Eurorack system
- Dual oscillator module for Eurorack
- Pulse, triangle and sawtooth waveforms
- Pulse width modulation
- Soft and hard sync modes
£55.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.