Mutable Instruments Shelves
EQ Filter Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
A parametric EQ, but with CV control: the Mutable Instruments Shelves puts modulatable tone-sculpting in your Eurarack system
- EQ module for Eurorack systems
- Voltage controlled EQ with sweepable low-shelf, high-shelf, and two parametric sections
- Low-shelf/Parametric/High-shelf correction frequency, 20 Hz to 20kHz
- Low-shelf/Parametric/High-shelf cut/boost, -15dB to 15dB
- Parametric correction Q, 0.5 to 20 (up to 1000 with external CV offset)
- Analogue signal path
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 75mA ; -12V: 75mA.
The Mutable Instruments Shelves brings to Eurorack modular systems something we are all very familiar with: the 4-band parametric EQ typically found in console channel strips. But this time, there’s CV control! The first band is a low-pass shelving filter, the fourth band a high-pass shelving filter, and band #2 and #3 have full-blown parametric controls with bandwidth (Q) adjustment. All analogue.
Shelves will provide a subtler spectral shaping & coloring than standard multimode filters. It is particularly useful in the feedback loop of effects or more generally in feedback patches in which the slightest tonal change has drastic consequences. Or as a novel way of shaping sounds obtained by west-coast techniques. Or as a formant-ish filter. Or to emulate the body of instruments in the context of physical modelling patches…
Unlike console EQs, each band is not restricted to a narrow range of frequencies: it can be swept across the entire audio range, from 20 Hz to 20kHz – with unexpected phase cancellations or reinforcements when corrections compete in the same frequency range. All parameters have direct CV control. Global frequency and cut/boost CV inputs allow simultaneous CV control of all channels.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Shelves" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
The Make Noise LxD is a simple, compact low pass filter with a design inspired by classic synths. Patch it in and enjoy the gooey goodness.
- Vactrol-based low pass filter module
- Features two separate low-pass filters in series for a 1970's monosynth sound.
- Channel 1 is an aggressive, mildly resonant -12dB/oct filter
- Channel 2 is a slower, more natural sounding -6dB/oct filter
- Each channel features strike and control input. These can be mixed and matched to create modulation qualities.
- Width: 4hp
- Depth: 36mm
- Power: 20mA @ 12V/-12V
With the Make Noise FXDF, you can split your audio into six bands for powerful sound design opportunities!
- Fixed filter module for Eurorack
- Simultaneous 6db/ Octave and 12db/ Octave inputs
- 6 filter bands spaced at 11 to 13 semitones and cover a range of 6 octaves
- Useful for isolating a particular portion of the spectrum for mixing and analog or digital signal processing
- Individual output for each filter band
- Expansion header for normalled connection of 6 FXDf outputs to 6 RxMx inputs allowing for voltage controlled, percussive spectral animation
- Width: 4 HP
- Current draw: 27mA@ +12V, 27mA @ -12V
Put the unique sounds from the EDP WASP in your Eurorack system with the Doepfer A-124 multimode filter
- Eurorack filter module
- 12 dB multimode design based on the EDP WASP
- Inputs: Audio In, 2x CV In
- Outputs: Bandpass Out, Low/Highpass Mix-Out
- Controls: Audio and CV attenuator, Frequency, Resonance, LP/HP Mix
- Width: 8HP
- Current draw: 30 mA
Crank up the resonance on the Doepfer A124SE Wasp Filter and you'll never create a boring patch ever again!
- Character filter with special edition black and yellow colour scheme
- 12db/oct multi-mode filter: low-pass, hi-pass and bandpass
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 45 mm
- Draw +30mA (+12V) / -10mA (-12V)
The Studio Electronic ModStar SE88 filter is a faithful recreation of the legendary Yamaha CS80 filter with some extra nifty features
- Faithful recreation of Yamaha CS80 filter
- Width: 20HP
- Depth: 39.7mm
With this one module, you can do, well, where to start, the possibilities with the 4ms SMR are endless!
- Multiband resonant filter
- Six filter channels, selected from twenty active filters displayed on the light ring
- Variable "Q" (Resonance) ranges from classic band-pass to ultra-resonant ringing
- Filter frequencies move about the scale using Rotation and Spread
- Rotation "spins" the frequencies around the scale
- Each bank has 11 scales of 20 frequencies/notes each
- User-programmable scales (select octave, chromatic note, and microtonal adjustments for each note in the scale)
- Scale banks for Western, Indian, Chromatic, Micro-tonal, Equal tempered, Just intonation tunings
- White noise is normalised to the inputs, so the SMR can be used without an external signal
- Stereo ins and outs stagger the bands into evens/odds for an immersive stereo field
£169.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.