Mutable Instruments Grids
Probability Rhythm Sequencer
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
When you combine Euclidiean sequencing with machine learning from a huge rhythm training set, you get the Mutable Instruments Grids
- Topographic drum sequencer
- Three-channel algorithmic trigger generator
- Based on compressed representations of drum patterns and their variations
- Clock input and Internal clock with a 40 to 240 BPM range
- Beat indicator/tap tempo button
- Randomness knob with CV input
- Pattern complexity/density knobs for channels 1, 2, 3 with CV inputs
- Secret 3-channel Euclidean sequencer mode
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 25mA ; -12V: 1mA
Take the user interface of a Euclidean sequencer, a healthy dose of machine learning and graph algorithms, megabytes of drum loops, hours of intensive computations and you’ve got the Mutable Instruments Grids: a drum pattern generator like no other.
Grids’ “brain” is a map of the typical drum patterns used in (mostly electronic) music, laid out by similarity, trained on a large corpus of drum loops. The module can smoothly interpolate and navigate from one pattern to the other, at the whim of a knob move or a CV.
But Grids’ knowledge of drum patterns goes far beyond what would be achieved with presets – given a position in the map, thousands of variations can be intuitively generated by controlling the “event density” of each of the 3 channels (bd, sd, hh) – gradually moving from a sparse backbone to a deliciously rich pattern with ghost notes, rolls and fills.
Add CV-control on these parameters and you can add subtle or drastic variations to the drum pattern. If you don’t want to waste a noise source or S&H for that, the Mutable Instruments Grids has its own internal source of randomness that can unpredictably spice the pattern, in an always meaningful way.
Building the rhythmic foundation of your tracks with Grids is fun, surprisingly intuitive, with modulation and variations possibilities that will rapidly make you forget x0x-style sequencers.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Grids" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Put some African-inspired rhythm in your modular system with the Noise Engineering Zularic Repetitor.
- Rhythm generator module for Eurorack systems
- Based on African music theory
- Contains 30 'mother' rhythms
- Each pattern outputs four parts
- 3 parts can be offset relative to the mother
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: 50 mA (+12V); 5 mA (-12V)
Ever wanted to play your sequencer by hand? The Make Noise Pressure Points allows you just that!
- The Gate signals may be used to turn portions of a patch ON/ OFF, generate Timing Events within a patch or to Trigger a Function Generator
- The PRESSure signals may be used to add expression to a patch by varying Pitch or Timbre in real-time, based upon the artist's input
- The Tuned Voltages may be used to play the Pitch of a sound in a traditional melodic fashion, Program Chords or Timbral shifts (aka Presets)
- Up to 4 may be CHAINed together (using CHAIN Cable), to create controllers of varying size and complexity
- All outputs are capable of driving a passive 4 way mult without loading effects (no buffered mult needed)
- Expansion port allows for sequential control via the Make Noise BRAINS expander module
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
A single channel version of the Stoicheia, the Rebel Technology Klasmata puts Euclidean sequencing in your modular system
- Euclidean sequencer module for Eurorack
- Single channel version of the Stoicheia
- Range of 1 - 32 steps
- Voltage-controllability of sequence length and fills
- Transpose, shift and modulate patterns
- Width: 8 HP
- Current draw: +12v: < 15mA; -12v: < 10mA; +5v: < 25mA
Put a super compact sequencer into your Eurorack system with the XAOC Tirana II Micro Sequencer.
- Micro sequencer module
- Four CV/gate steps
- Per step repetition or ratcheting
- Per step gate muting
- On board clock divider
- Voltage controlled play direction, transposition and reset
- Unipolar and bipolar adjustable voltage range
- Expandable by chaining up more Tirana units together
- Size: 6hp
The ADDAC 402 4 voixe Heuristic Rhythm Generator is fantastically versatile trigger & gate sequencer with store and recall functions!
- Fantastically versatile sequencer
- Width: 20 HP
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 10.4 x 10 cm
Put an algorithm from antiquity in your modular system with the Rebel Technology Stoicheia Euclidean sequencer module!
- Euclidean sequencer module for Eurorack
- Each sequence is controlled by a column of three knobs and a switch
- The input parameters to the algorithm are sequence length and fills
- The length of the sequence (from 1 to 16), measured in clocks or beats, is controlled by the second knob from the top
- The number of fills, or on-beats, is set by the third knob
- The top knob adjusts which beat the sequence starts on
- The start position can be changed by turning the top knob left or right: this will have the effect of rotating the sequence left or right, respectively
- Features trigger, alternating and chained modes for the sequences
- Width: 10 HP
- Current drwa: +12v: < 10mA, -12v: 0mA, +5v: < 25mA
£205.00 inc VAT
This item is currently in stock and available to order online.
If you wish to collect, please make sure to call your local Red Dog Music branch to confirm availability before travelling.
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.