Mutable Instruments Clouds
Texture Synthesiser Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Textures, sound beds ethereal tones and more, the Mutable Instruments Clouds granular audio processor is an inspiring module
- Granular audio processor for Eurorack
- Granularizes in real-time the incoming audio stream or the “frozen” delay/recording buffer
- Recording buffer duration: 1s (32kHz, 16-bit, stereo) to 8s (16kHz, 8-bit µ-law, mono). 4 quality settings.
- Grain size: 16ms to 1s
- Maximum number of concurrent grains: 40 to 60 depending on recording buffer resolution
- Grain generation time-base: periodical, randomized, or externally clocked
- Grain envelopes: continuously variable between boxcar, triangle, Hann
- Post processing (blending) settings: dry/wet balance, random panning amount, feedback amount, reverb amount
- Width: 18 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 120mA ; -12V: 10mA
The Mutable Instruments Clouds is a granular audio processor – with a couple of twists.
Unlike granular sample players, Clouds is focused on the realtime granularization of incoming audio signals, and the acquisition of textures from them.
Classic controls such as grain position, size, and pitch are provided. Clouds can superimpose many grains simultaneously (at least 40, depending on the CPU used by its other features) and thus create thick textures. Control over texture density, independently of grain size, is thus provided. An external trigger input allows grains to be seeded in sync with LFOs or rhythmic generators.
To provide a richer variety of timbres, Clouds allows the shape of the grain’s envelope to be morphed – from sharp rectangular edges to a smooth bell curve. In addition, a diffusion network can further dissolve the edges of grains into blurry textures.
Finally, to cover various applications of granular synthesis without the need for additional modules, Clouds’ comes with four “blending” settings for mixing and re-routing its output signal: dry/wet balance, random panning amount, feedback amount, and reverberation amount. Voltage control over one of those four parameters is possible.
The delay memory of the Mutable Instruments Clouds ranges from 1s to 8s depending on audio quality settings.
Other surprises have been packed in Clouds, including alternative looping delay and pitch-shift/time-stretch modes… and a very strange spectral buffer freeze/glitch.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Clouds" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Put that most essential of effects - delay - in your modular system with the Audio Damage ADM01 Dub Jr delay module!
- Delay module for Eurorack
- TIME controls the analogue-style delay that goes from 5ms to 1 second
- REGEN controls the feedback of the delay. At full feedback, DubJr self-oscillates
- MIX control crossfades from dry to wet
- CV control of all parameters
- 8HP panel size
- Skiff-friendly 20mm depth
- 60 mA current draw
With phase shifting and delay on board, the Roland 572 is the module to use for adding some depth and some swirl to your patch
- Effects module for Eurorack systems
- Adds depth, motion and space to your patch with phase shifting and delay
- Plenty of CV controllability for flexible integration and patch design
- Simple onboard LFO with normal and inverted output jacks
The Make Noise Echophon is an incredibly unique effects module offering pitch shifting echo with time modulation
- Shift Pitch of signal +/- 2 Octaves
- Exponential control of delay time -Maximum Time 1.7 Seconds, Minimum Time 7 ms
- Tempo input allows synchronization of Echoes to multiple or division of an external Clock
- Two independent internal digital Feedback paths (Loop 1 and Loop 2)
- External Analog Feedback Path for filtered or processed echoes
- FREEZE button/ gate input allows for hold, stutter and sampling techniques
- 24 bit ADC/DAC, 32bit processing, 16bit delay storage operating at 40khz
- Vactrol based Mix circuit for smooth blending of dry and wet signals
- All Analog Dry Signal Path
- Voltage Control over ALL parameters
- Width: 20hp
- Max Depth: 30mm
Put some swirl and shimmer in your patches with the Dreadbox White Line Phaser module
- Analogue phaser module for Eurorack
- Puts the phase shifting circuit from the Dreadbox Abyss synth in your modular
- 2 wave LFO
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: 15 mA (at +12V) / 12 mA (at -12V)
Get some echo in your patches for less with the Dreadbox White Line Echo module!
- Delay module for Eurorack
- Uses the delay circuit from the Erebus synth
- Delay times: 30ms – 800ms (400-800ms lo-fi)
- Accepts inputs up to 10Vpp
- Width: 8 HP
- Currrent draw: 25 mA (at +12V) / 10 mA (at -12V)
The T Rex Replicator Module is an actual, real-deal tiny tape echo for your modular, with CV inputs for echo-mangling goodness!
- A real tape echo which fits in your modular rig!
- All-analogue echos and signal path
- Delay time controlled by a digitally controlled motor
- Three echo modes, modulation of the echo and tap tempo
- CV inputs for controlling delay time and feedback
- Saturation control for dirty, crunchy tape distortion
- Tap tempo
- Width: 44 HP
- Current Draw: 350 mA(+12V DC)/175 mA (-12V DC)
£259.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.