Mutable Instruments Braids
Macro Oscillator Module
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
Not sure what sound sources you want in your modular system? With Mutable Instruments Braids, you can have them all, and more...
- Sound source module for Eurorack
- An oscillator? Well, it's a bit more than that...
- Analogue synthesis, digital synthesis, vocal synthesis, FM, simulations, wavetables and noise...
- Adjustable bit-depth / sample-rate for a grainy or low-fi output
- Built-in AD envelope with 6 preset shapes to modulate timbre at the reception of a trigger
- Auto-gate feature automatically resetting the oscillator phase (or triggering the internal AD envelope) whenever a large change in pitch CV is detected
- Auto-calibrate feature digitally scaling the 1 V/Oct CV input to compensate for inaccuracies in CV converters… or to be used creatively to achieve other tunings than 1 V/Oct
- V and/or Gate controlled scrolling message with text editor
- Width: 16 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 15mA ; -12V: 15mA ; +5V: 85mA
Mutable Instruments Braids is a voltage-controlled monophonic digital sound source.
Sound source… like an oscillator? Not really.
Most of the timbres Braids generates are so complex that approaching them with a classic analog modular setup would require a full case of oscillators, filters, VCAs, waveshapers and ring-modulators – that’s why Mutable Instruments refer to it as a macro-oscillator – intricate digital synthesis algorithms wrapped in oscillator’s clothes.
With Mutable Instruments Braids module, each algorithm is controlled by two continuously variable parameters, Timbre and Color, both of them voltage controllable. Very often, these parameters simultaneously affect several dimensions of timbre, creating very complex movements which would be hard to generate with a traditional setup.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Mutable Instruments Braids" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Add a bit of digital sampling to your analog modular system and world with the ADDAC 101 Wave Player, which offers a load of control
- Four variable settings, Loop Size, Initial Position, Sample Rate and VCA controlled either manually through the corresponding front panel knob or externally from a CV input.
- Two sound outputs: one pre-VCA (with a pre-volume knob) and one post-VCA (located in the VCA section).
- An Envelope Follower CV output.
- Loop Size - dynamically control the size of the loop, by trimming down the total duration to a smaller size.
- Initial Position - dynamically control the initial point of the loop, also allowing scrolling through the file duration.
- Sample Rate - dynamically change the sample rate resolution, altering the pitch of the playback.
- Voltage Controlled Amplifier - analogue VCA to dynamically control the overall volume of the sound output.
- Envelope Follower - a CV output that changes according to the playback amplitude (post-VCA), with controls for level and decay. It also features a led monitor for easy visualization.
- Led monitors - visualize current state of Size, Position and Rate controls.
- Skip / Loop switch - set the Gate/Digital input to either a file access mode or re-trigger mode.
- Playback modes - set playback modes between Loop / One Shot | Forward / Random.
Need a multi-wave oscillator with an awesome range and great tracking? Can't go wrong with the Studio Electronic Modstar Oscillation Module
- Multi-wave analogue VCO
- Wide range of audio routing and modulation potential
- Runs at audio and LFO rates
- Pulse width modulation possible
- Oscillator sync possible
- Depth: 16HP
- Width: 39.7mm
- Requires: 44mA, 39mA (+12 / -12)
With dual oscillators offering 4 waves each - and the ability to do interesting things with audio - give the Dreadbox Omikron a go!
- Dual VCO for Eurorack systems
- 2 oscillators with 4 waves each
- Pulse Width modulation input
- Audio can sync the VCO
- Audio In: works with any level of instrument and above
- Audio Out: Sends the Clean to Sub level at a max 5Vpp, depending on the setting
- Width: 22 HP
A stupidly versatile module, the ALM Dinky's Taiko offers a vast range of sounds with plenty of CV controllability!
- Wide varied 12 Bit digital drum sound source through fully analog EQ
- Extremely wide pallet of sounds with lots of modulation possibilities
- Digital noise generator combined with variable wavetable (24 waveforms) oscillator through an EQ and mix output
- Trigger, accent and choke trigger inputs
- Reverse polarity protection
- Skiff friendly
- Designed and Made in the UK
- Width: 12 HP
- Current draw: approx 80- mA
Need some oddness? Get the Make Noise Wogglebug, which is a dual random voltage generator, dual VCO and ring mod with a 'woggle' CV out
- Complete Complex Random Voltage system, no external modules necessary
- Two VCOs, Phase Lock Loop, Lag Processor, Clock, Burst Generator and Sample & Hold
- Generates 7 Random Signals simultaneously: Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO, Ring Mod, Stepped, Smooth, Woggle, Burst
- Generates ultra stable, voltage controlled Master Clock
- External inputs for S&H (Heart IN) and Ring-Mod (Influence)
- Disturb button adds performance element
- Width: 10hp
- Max Depth: 24mm
A more modular Elements for your Eurorack system, the Mutable Instruments Rings puts a versatile resonator in your modular system
- Resonator module for Eurorack modular systems
- Three resonator models: modal resonator (as used in Elements), sympathetic strings (stack of comb filters), string with non-linearity/dispersion (comb filter with multimode filter and non-linearities in the loop)
- Pseudo-polyphony of up to 4 notes. Each new note is played on its own virtual string, while the previously played note(s) still decay
- Plethora of controls to dial in the perfect sound...
- ... and extensive CV controllability to modulate it
- Width: 14 HP
- Current draw: +12V: 110mA ; -12V: 5mA
£279.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.