Valve Condenser Microphone
Credit provided subject to age and status. Learn more.
Discount coupons not valid for finance purchases.
An incredible example of the valve mic maker's art, the Sontronics Aria was beta-tested by Abbey Road studios and PJ Harvey!
- Valve cardioid condenser microphone
- Perfect for vocals, piano, acoustic guitar and cello
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/Pa
- 10 dB Pad
- 75 Hz high-pass filter
- Impedance: <200 Ohms
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB (A-weighted)
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1000 Hz): 125 dB
The Sontronics Aria valve cardioid condenser microphone will give you stunning, beautiful results on every recording, thanks to its silky-smooth characteristics, its accurate response and Sontronics' trademark high-frequency roll-off.
Housed inside the chromed grille of the Sontronics Aria is a large, 1.07-inch, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the detail and subtleties of any male or female vocal (sung or spoken) while the hand-selected European 12AX7/ECC83 tube lends a character that you'd expect to find in a classic vintage valve mic.
Please note that these videos are dynamically generated by means of a Youtube search for the phrase "Sontronics Aria" to save you time searching Youtube yourself. As such, the views expressed may not be those of Red Dog Music Limited, any product features or specifications quoted should be confirmed with Red Dog Music staff prior to ordering, and the content may not always be relevant to the product shown on this page.
Give your vocal and instrument recordings some warmth and body with the David Royer designed MA200!
- Pattern: cardioid
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-microns thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120dB
- Distortion: head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Impedance: 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- Tubes: 5840 - pentode tube wired for triode operation
- Transducer: externally excited capacitor type
- Includes case, shockmount and PSU
The Avantone BV-12 is a valve microphone that sounds as good as it looks. It is incredibly versatile whilst giving the classic valve warmth
- Omni, cardioid, and figure-8 polar patterns, plus 6 in-between settings
- Microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass
- Vintage-style baked-on Buttercream finish
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry has its origins in famous European vintage designs.
- Solid professional feel, superb structural integrity, and rugged reliability
- Mil-grade switches for 10dB pad and 80Hz rolloff
- Custom Retro shockmount
- Mogami GoldStudio Pro 15' XLR Cable
- Elegant padded genuine wooden Mic box
- Handcrafted wood side, tweed travel case
The Avantone BV1 sounds as good as it looks! It is a vocal condenser tube microphone that is not only flexible but musical-sounding!
- Rugged BV1 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass.
- Aesthetically, it features an elegant Retro-Butter-Cream finish, accented with polished nickel trim and grill.
- The transformer coupled tube circuitry offers a modern-day, affordable solution to the desire to capture the character of famous European and American vintage designs.
- Rear vents aid in stabilizing internal temperature to help secure tube longevity
- Any studio can proudly offer the BV1 as a primary Vocal mic. It exudes class visually as well as sonically.
- The versatile BV1 mic is able to produce professional results with an open, warm, pleasing sonic character.
- The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic.
- 9-Pattern Tube Microphone w/ 34mm gold sputtered thin Mylar capsule assembly.
- -10dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches.
Not only a stunning multi-pattern condenser mic, the Lewitt LCT 940 also lets you go from valve to FET and back again!
- Valve condenser microphone
- Combines the sonic characteristics of a tube and a FET mic in one single housing for maximum creative freedom and an undisturbed workflow
- Continuously variable switching and merging of tube and FET sound via rotating potentiometer
- 1-inch externally biased, dual-system capsule with ultra-thin , gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Nine consistent directional characteristics – cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broad cardioid, supercardioid and four intermediate patterns – for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Superior dynamic range of 128 dB-A (Tube) / 135 dB-A (FET) and exceptionally low self-noise of 12 dB-A (Tube) / 8 dB-A (FET) for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 4-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB and 18 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 4-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanised steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Comes in a black carrying case; includes PSU 940 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and milled, anodised black aluminium front, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
Multi-pattern variant of the highly acclaimed MA200 designed by David Royer.
- Pattern: continuously variable from omnidirectional to figure-8
- Diaphragm: 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered, 3-micron thickness
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 KHZ, +/-3 dB
- Sensitivity: -37dB re 1V/pa
- Max. SPL: 120 dB with pad off, 135 dB with pad on.
- Distortion: < 1% @ 117 dB SPL, < 3% @ 125 dB SPL, self noise: 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- Pad: 15 dB, bass cut: 6 dB per octave below 100Hz
- Transducer: Externally polarized, pressure gradient capacitor - double diaphragm.
- Tubes: Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum
- Includes carry case, shockmount and PSU
Looking for a great-sounding and versatile cardioid valve mic at a great price? The Telefunken CU29 Copperhead is it!
- Valve condenser microphone
- Capsule: Single Sided Gold Sputtered Membrane
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1v/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200 Ohms stock
- SPL: 138 dB
- Non Linear Distortion: Less than or equal to 0.5% at 100 dyne
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: Telefunken new old stock EF-95
- Extras: Modern Power Supply, Shock Mount, Wooden Box, 7-pin Microphone Cable
£1049.00 inc VAT
Available to order (more info)
- Free shipping to most of the UK
Shipping to mainland UK destinations for all items over £99 is FREE. For all other items, shipping currently starts at £4.99 unless specified otherwise.
If you require shipment to destinations outside the UK, please contact us for a quote.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
For all items ordered online or over the phone, we offer the statutory 14 day “cooling off period”. This means that if you are unhappy with the goods for whatever reason, you can return them for a full refund within this period.
Please note, however, that certain items are exempt from this – see our Terms and Conditions for more info.
- 1 year warranty
This product comes with a 1 year warranty as standard.
Please note that you will need to register your product with the manufacturer to qualify for any warranty beyond 12 months.